Hello from Texas!

Howdy, y’all! :cowboy_hat_face: :cow: :oil_drum: (Fine, I’ll stop being obnoxious)

I’ve been keeping reptiles for a bit over a year, with an intention to start breeding once my snakes get to breeding size. I plan to specialize in colubrids (especially house snakes), smaller pythons and boas (KSB, Children’s Pythons, etc.), with the occasional ball python. I also own geckos, aquatics, and invertebrates. I’d also love to eventually start breeding native Texas species and getting the word out about the wonderful snakes we have here!

In addition to breeding, I plan to work my way into exotic animal education. I’m a researcher and an academic by day (specializing in public health), so I’m pulled to sharing knowledge with everyone that will listen.

I’m excited to be a part of the community! Thanks for being so welcoming and helpful.

7 Likes

Welcome to the family!IMG_20191212_162918
IMG_20191212_164039

4 Likes

Hello fellow Texan!

1 Like

So glad to see you on the forum! I’d love to see pictures of some of your animals. The snake I have waiting for you is doing great, btw. I expect him to shed again very soon.

2 Likes

Hello from Bandera Texas and welcome to the group!

1 Like

Howdy from Fort Worth and welcome to the community!

Do you have any pictures of the animals you currently have in your collection you’d be willing to share?
Also what Texas native snakes are you going to go for? Rattlesnakes? ha-ha

I am a fake native Texan so I am not sure what is native and not >.<

5 Likes

@alpinereptiles What is that gorgeous black/gold creature - #5 on your tiled pics?

I believe the one you are referring to is the white lipped python.

2 Likes

Thanks. And, of course, you are correct. Beautiful slitherer.

Texas really does have some beautiful snakes out there. Indigo’s, Bull’s and Gray Banded’s are probably my favorite. But there are some really good looking Rattlers too.

White lipped python👍

hello and welcome from Kingsville Texas!

Welcome me fellow Texan! In the future I am wanting to start working with Texas Banded Geckos!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum from DFW! Glad to hear there’s some more colubrid love. We keep African house snakes, bullsnakes, kings, corns, tri-color hogs, and cat-eyed snakes. We also have ball pythons, Stimson’s, RTBs, and blood pythons.

I really like the fact you want to get into the public education aspect of herpetaculture. Even though reptiles are becoming more common, there is still a lot of stigma and misinformation out there.

Again, welcome to the community - looking forward to seeing some of your herps!

Welcome! From Austin, TX here. Breeder specializing in ball pythons but I do love colubrids as well, especially house snakes! Would love to get a couple go those in the future.

Welcome buddy…Send me a Texas Indigo LOL.