Hello Guys, I'm New

So I’ve made a few posts and responses, but haven’t introduced myself officially. My name is Justin. I have a beautiful wife named Anna and we have been blessed with four wonderful kids. I’ve loved reptiles and animals in general my whole life. A lot has changed about me over the years, but my passion for the more obscure animals in this world has been the one thing that has stuck with me. I currently own four snakes, an Asian water monitor, and several inverts. I’ll get some good pics to share sometime soon. Just want to say also that I’m really glad I found this forum and I hope it continues to grow. To me, when done right, forums are some of the best places to learn, grow, and develop great friendships all over the world. I look forward to being apart of this forum and it’s continued success.

10 Likes

Welcome to the family, Justin. And that is what we are around here. We are family. And we kinda like it that way! LOL.

Glad to have a fellow invert lover here as well!

5 Likes

Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you and your collection.

6 Likes

To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised when I was scrolling through all the topics. It has been years since I’ve seen a forum like this one. I’m glad to be apart of this family!

5 Likes

Cheerio Justin! Welcome to the wonderful world of wacky wonderful reptile lovers who come together as a forum FAMILY! Sounds like you truly are blessed with a family of your own as well! Since you have been around for awhile you already know what a great place this is! We are glad to have you and pictures please! Lol! I’m curious to see what kind of arachnids you have. I am a newbie arachnid fan thanks to @jawramik and @spottedbull! :spider::snake::lizard::frog::blush::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Welcome to the family Justin! I hope that you like it here. There are so many wonderful people here. We would definitely love and I mean love some pictures of your animals. Welcome to our forum again.

6 Likes

People are probably tired of reading this from me but this is the only social media I take part in. It’s very difficult here. These people are accepting and forgiving. But most of all there is a ton of caring. :heart:

7 Likes

Thanks guys! I appreciate the warm welcome. I’ll add some here that I have on my phone.

12 Likes

11 Likes

Oh my goodness what an awesome collection! I recognize most of the snakes except the one that is curled up. Also what type is the lizard and the t? You have an interesting group! Thank you for sharing! :heart::+1::pray:

5 Likes

Well holy cow! That’s an amazing, diverse, beautiful collection you have! Welcome! This community is like no other. There are so many kind, caring, knowledgeable and cool people here as you’ve probably noticed!

6 Likes

Thanks guys. It’s quite a passion of mine. The curled up snake is a Central American boa. He is featured twice here. The children’s python is also featured twice. I’ll list what I have below.

1 children’s python
1 ball python
1 Central American boa
1 Burmese python
1 Asian water monitor
1 tomato frog
1 Arizona blond tarantula
1 tailless whip scorpion
1 vinegarroon

8 Likes

Super cool man! That vinegaroon is on my want list!

6 Likes

I wish I could get an Asian Water Monitor. I have always loved them, they are such beautiful and wonderful creatures.

7 Likes

That tailless whip scorpion is on my want list! What an awesome collection! Nice to meetcha new friend! Welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks guys. Also recently found a Camponotus floridanus queen that I’m going to try to grow into a colony. Just got some pictures of her and some eggs today.

8 Likes

Now that’s quite different! Is that some sort of ant? I’m too lazy to look it up! Lol :thinking::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Florida Carpenter Ant :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. They are big ants! I am an ant person too @squamate. But I don’t have any because I can’t lol :joy:.

5 Likes

It is. It’s common name is the Florida carpenter ant. This is a queen. She was collected on my trashcan outside. They’re one of the largest ant species in North America. Interesting fact: they don’t sting but chew their victims and spray formic acid into the wounds. Sounds pretty bad, but for us humans it’s not much to worry about.

5 Likes

I’m hoping to get black carpenter ants soon! They’re my favorite.
@lumpy Wish you could! They’re so much fun!

5 Likes