Help ID a Mystery BCI

I stopped by a random pet store & this girl caught my attention. She was labeled as a Female BCI possibly a Salmon. I passed on her cause I wanted more info. A week later the girlfriend & I went back, couldn’t pass her up again. I worked out a good deal on her but we are still pretty clueless on what she is. Any help would be appreciated on that.

She has smaller eyes and head with a pretty thick body. Not fat but like a ball python almost

Uploading: IMG_5148.jpeg…
Uploading: IMG_5105.jpeg…

7 Likes

@tommccarthy
May be of some help x

4 Likes

Aw man is she ever pretty! I love the simplicity of her head with those 2 distinctive marks! And the distinctive stripe! Very very nice!

I’m going to tag @dsed Dennis as well!

Congratulations on imho a terrific pet store find!! :clap::star_struck:

5 Likes

I bet @lumpy is feeling left out :joy:

7 Likes

Thank you :rofl:

I am so excited to see what Tom says. It is a very interesting looking girl. I would say a weird normal or possibly a jungle.

7 Likes

Beautiful boa and what a score! Hard to tell but possibly a cross, head reminds me of an amarali. Looks like jungle is present too, agree with @lumpy

5 Likes

Agreed she was too interesting to pass up. They said she was super aggressive but that not the case

3 Likes

My best guess was a hypo jungle but I’m not sure

5 Likes

Oops! I’m sorry @lumpy Riley! :weary:. I left you out! Poor baby! :joy:

5 Likes

Then she is in the right hands! I am so glad that she is with you! Keep us updated on her progress as she gets good and settled in! :clap::+1::pray::star_struck::heart:

4 Likes

My guess by her looks is a hypo jungle.
Hopefully, she is het albino. That would be nice for you. I would get a male albino or sunglow and breed her. This way, if she doesn’t prove out, at least all the babies will be 100 % het albino. Don’t breed her until she is over 15 lbs. I perpher 20 lbs. Being gravid takes a lot out of female boas.

The smaller head is common for some morphs depending on what the parents were. I call this look the pit bull look.
All morphs are some typ of cross to anyway.

Once she sheds for you, please post a new picture of her. I would like to see her true colors.

Take care
Tom

6 Likes

I have a Khal, Sunglow possibly coral & a Ghost, Anerythristic Type-2, VPI. Both would be an interesting combo I think

4 Likes

I’m excited for you and your new girl!!! :+1::clap::heart:

3 Likes

Super pretty girl, I love her pattern! I was going to guess hypo jungle, glad to see the experts agree. Her head shape is definitely different from what I’d expect for a standard BI.

5 Likes

Agreed. My best guess was a Hypo/ Jungle but I’ve seen a decent amount of combos on the Market that look so much like her. The stocky body and shorter head makes me curious if there’s something weird in there also

5 Likes

She is gorgeous! I love all the freckles in the stripes. I’m so glad she’s in safe hands :blush:

6 Likes

It could be that the head shape is related to a particular locality in her lineage. I’m definitely not an expert in locality boas, so I couldn’t say which locality is responsible for the head shape.

6 Likes

I have a few hypo stripe(jabronski) jungles with similar looks. I bet it has a ventral row of spots down the belly along the edges of ventral scales, jungle marker for all my MTH. Has a blunt face and chonky cheeks like a Sonoran(het lep?). Doesn’t look het lep but the jungle looks influenced by the leopard complex of boas or one of the other dwarfs. Salmon line has a lotta pepper like her. Perhaps Hypo Super Jungle, such a common genetic morph, lotta supers that make that look too.

4 Likes

That’s one of the things I thought she might be a dwarf since she has the body like a ball python. And the hypo salmon jungle has crossed my mind more than once

1 Like

Add images here

Fresh shed on this grumpy girl

7 Likes