Help on identifying

So this girl got sold as an GHI from a dinker project and her collors are changing so much in the last moths i dont think she is just GHI. I want peoples opinion on visual genetics, i dont have so much experience with morphs so i want to ask sone more experienced people. Her colors are getting lighter and getting yellowish, redish and oramgish especially towards the belly more orange and on the back more redish and yellowish. This are picturers that come her real colors relatively near.

9 Likes

GHI is definitely there, no question of that.

The colour looks like enchi is in the mix but the pattern shows very little signs of if… Maybe a bit of banding but nothing that GHI couldn’t throw out on its own.

The pattern is very Pastel like but this time the colours doesn’t match up.

Any chance you can get a picture outdoors? Preferably one of the face, including eyes, and one of the animal stretched out? One from above and one from the side.

Here is a Guide in asking for Morph Identification Help

1 Like

Pics outside isnt possible at the moment. But the pictures are taking infront of an window. I can look if i have sone better pictures of her.

Looks like a regular GHI to me. Not seeing anything that would make me believe there is another morph at play

2 Likes

Okay im genuinely asking because her father was an GHI but her mother is an dinker.

1 Like

This is another picture of her infront of an window. The only other pictures i could pist are in her enclosure. Its like natrual sunlight, i got high quality sunlight fixtures if that would work? It shows her real colors well. Oh and if ut helps the parents where 0.1 african odd import and the 1.0 an GHI. Mostly why im asking

5 Likes

Full disclosure I don’t work with ghi. But I’m going to have to agree with Travis on this one looks like a single gene ghi to me.

3 Likes

If shes getting brighter, maybe she has fire or vanilla in her?
Regardless of her Gene’s, shes quite fetching.

3 Likes

These two are lightener genes! They will make it lighter as it ages!!! :smiley:

1 Like

If the op is like me, maybe they’re conflating “lighter” with "brighter ", hence why I suggested it.

Or maybe I’m projecting cause that’s a morph I’d want.:wink:

3 Likes

It is getting lighter mostly also brighter.

She is getting lighter also brighter but mostly lighter. Thats obe thing that confuses me so it would be possible. They where similar looking babys (vanilla and fire kinda) looking babys in the clutch

Do you have photos of the dinker parent and siblings?

1 Like

I work a lot with these two genes and I’m not seeing there influence personally.

1 Like

the mother

5 Likes

Siblings fater 1. shed

4 Likes

And this was my little girl after eating regularly and a fe sheds. She was a good amount darker than now

3 Likes

GHIs are somewhat notorious for going through colour shifts. This can happen in both the long-term and the short. I can check my girl at the start of my cleaning on Saturdays and by the time I am done a couple hours later I can peek on her again and she can look like a completely different animal.

4 Likes

Is it normal for GHIs to have the smeared pattern in the alien heads?

The dinker is very interesting.

1 Like

That is the weirdest dinker I have ever seen. I hope it proves out to be genetic, though I can think of a few reasons they look like that if it doesn’t.

1 Like