HELP please my crested gecko keeps sneezing!

Oh fab! :relaxed:

2 Likes

She’s sneezing again😭

Can you take a video? Add to YouTube and send link here?

2 Likes

I have a video I’ll try doing that when I get home. I think I’m gonna take her home so I can monitor… taker her to a vet is necessary

3 Likes

Definitely monitor her & I’d suggest to not take her to school for a while too incase something there or transportation has triggered it.

I am a little stumped with the sneezing as no other symptoms but vets should be able to help.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Just keep an eye, make sure she drinks.
May be something up nose that’s annoying her, see how she gets on eating and drinking, I’ve had some do that little ‘sneeze’ thing before when something up their nose.

It’s kind of adorable

2 Likes

She’s a very pretty girl too btw :relaxed:

5 Likes

It looks as though she has something in her left nostril, it’s very dark inside. If so, then she is sneezing to try to get it out

2 Likes

Time for a visit to a reptile vet for sure, in my opinion. Her nostrils need to be examined with good lighting to check for debris, and in general they need to check for a respiratory condition. I also agree that she should not be left at school on her own over the weekend.

4 Likes

Especially since she needs her temps and humidity monitored and needs misted daily. What is her humidity and how long do you have her out of her cage each day? It sounds like low humidity is likely the issue here, and a vet visit is the best course of action as this is not normal. Cresties are not the best school pets and shouldn’t be left alone.

2 Likes

Any update?

1 Like

I think it would likely be from stuck shed or objects stuck up her nose. A specialized reptile vet visit is the best thing to do (if you don’t have one you can find one here). Until then she needs closely monitored and shouldn’t be taken anywhere.

1 Like

She hasn’t sneezes at all. She was cold. On Monday I used a hot water bottle and a blanket. and got a I think 60 wat bulb and she’s good now. The transitions I think was to cold. Her temps are at 72 and her humidity is at 80 she’s great! And she missed being at school lol.

5 Likes

She’s good now btw

3 Likes

Oh brilliant! So glad :relaxed::heart:

3 Likes

Thats great! Btw I don’t think I ever mentioned just how adorable she is!

3 Likes

Congratulations! Happy to hear that! She is a gorgeous girl!

2 Likes

Glad she is better :slightly_smiling_face: maybe the traveling was too much for her, esp if it’s cold outside. Or could be a chemical was used at school which aggravated her.

She is adorable

2 Likes