Help sexing day gecko

Hello everyone, I’m very new to MorphMarket community, so forgive me if I’m opening a topic that has been pointed out previously…
I’ve own this day gecko for about a year now, and I’ve been trying to determine the gender of it, Based on my experience it looks like a female to me, but I wanted to hear other opinions before I decided to buy a mate for her/him. Picture below has been the closest I’ve been able to get to take a private area shot. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks :pray:t3:

3 Likes

She’s a she :blush:

5 Likes

Haha thanks, I own leopard geckos, tokays, and a male peacock day gecko, but this one had me doubting :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Thanks again.

4 Likes

I see pores (I have no idea what that means for this species). @ghoulishcresties what makes you say female?

3 Likes

Females still have pores on giants, males pores are just bigger and more pronounced :blush:

4 Likes

I can see them! Sorry, it is not often that I get to help in gecko sexing.

3 Likes

Here are some males so you can see the difference😁

4 Likes

Yeah my gecko’s pores aren’t that pronounced

2 Likes

Wow they are really visible

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s always a pain when a species has pores regardless of sex. Like fat tails haha, I swear I haven’t a clue how I’m going to sex babies when I have them… :flushed:
But that’s a difference you can’t miss :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thats a female my friend im also new nice to join together!looking forward to communication about gecko’s!i have exp but not enough for when there young i threw up the same question and picture but mines only 25 grams

3 Likes

Not to get too far off topic but fat tails are also temperature sexed. There’s a range and females are the most common. Males only occur in a certain temperature range (which is unknown except for major breeders, it’s a trade secret). Though checking there might be a few places that mention the temperature.

4 Likes

Yeah I do know that, like Leo’s! But when I got mine and I checked, he wasn’t a she :rofl: so because I was told wrong the first time its always a worry, what if temps played up in outhouse and I get a mixture! :sweat_smile:

Have all the temps wrote down for female and male sexes incubating wise as hoping to hold back a male whiteout het Amel, het oreo!

So I’ll be incubating at male temps the first time :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks, looking forward to this huge community.

2 Likes

I’ve seen your cresties, and boy they’re nice, unfortunately you live in the uk…

1 Like

Thankyou :blush:
Yeah I’ve had a few people ask me to send to America, France and Italy! (Europe is fine. Know couriers for there) but us, I wouldn’t know where to start myself haha. though a friend knows how as he gets reptiles from and sends to the us, so maybe something I look into next year :grin:

3 Likes

Yea i know it 80 for female 84,85 for both and 90 for a male,thats what i learned for leos

1 Like

I believe thats correct as much,i been threw things,if im wrong id be more than highly surprised

I been on this alot,alotta nice people and knowledge/photos/convos!

2 Likes

I ran out of likes :pensive:

I’ve been reading this thread but not commenting as I don’t have a day gecko.
So cool to learn new things though, and not just about Day Geckos either :relaxed:

Would be great if shopping from UK to America was easier, but then in UK we use courier service as opposed to shipping. I could not deal with the worry of shipping, courier service is much less of a worry.
I don’t know how anyone doesn’t have a panic attack while waiting for the reptile to arrive :grimacing:

3 Likes