Help this identifying morphs

bought pythons but not sure what the correct morphs told me.
1 - Butter.
2 - Het butter.
3 - Banana.
Please help 1 and 2 brothers.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like
  1. Butter
  2. Normal (het means that they have one copy of a gene, so a het butter would just look like a butter because butter is considered a codominant trait)
  3. Banana spider or pinstripe maybe?
4 Likes

I would say spider not pin. :grin:

1 Like

Ok, was leaning towards spider but wasn’t sure since it’s soooo yellowed out

2 Likes

@chesterhf The white at the bottom is the giveaway for me.

1 Like

I would have made the same mistake as Hillary and said banana pastel pinstripe, we got ways to go still @chesterhf :joy:

@ostap , As Hillary mentioned (and I’m sure she will have some punnet squares tucked in a folder somewhere :wink:), Butter is a codominant trait. That means there is no “het butter”… Butter is really “het But/But BluEL”

99% of the time “het” is only given to recessive genes when they only have one copy in the animal.

You could go through the genetic traits list on the marketplace and look at the names with a pink and/or orange tag next to the name (these are recessive genes only) and see if it helps you remember.

3 Likes

Thank you very much. That 2 is a banana spider?
I understood almost everything, because I don’t know English well since I’m from Ukraine, but Google translator helps). I’m just not very good at morphs and I’m just starting to study it.

2 Likes

1 lesser 2 normal 3 banana spider

2 Likes

@eaglereptiles That guy is so yellowed out it’s hard to see anything but yellow.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, did not understand to the end,1 in your opinion butter or lesser?

1 Like

Yes, the two names are used somewhat interchangeably, sort of like coral glow/banana

2 Likes

Morphs with different names (poll)

You can see most of the genes that have multiple names in this poll.

Thank you very much.

24 posts were split to a new topic: Help with Ball Pythons health