Help with ID of the clutch

Can anybody help to ID this clutch, please? I thought I made an easy pairing: SuperEnchi Pinstripe Ultramel x SuperMojave pos RedStripe pos Pinstripe. But some people say there is no Enchi in the babies.
Previous owner of the female paired her to Leopard Cypress YB Phantom last season but she didn’t go.
Photos of parents and each baby after shed in the comments :hugs:
Are they Enchi Jigsaws and Mochis or no Enchi? Any RedStripe? Thanks!

9 Likes

Mom:

6 Likes

Dad: Super Enchi Pinstripe Ultramel

7 Likes

Baby 1:

5 Likes

Baby 2:

6 Likes

Baby 3:

8 Likes

Baby 4:

7 Likes

Baby 5:

8 Likes

Baby 6:

11 Likes

Firstly, welcome to the family… What a lovely clutch!

Secondly, thank you for providing amazing pictures for us to work with.

I’ll take a shot:

I think what’s making this so difficult is the low expression of Enchi in the upper third of some of these. Anywhoooo, let’s get at it… Everything is Enchi Mojave het Ultramel at a minimum.

1. Mojave Enchi Redstripe
  2. Mojave Enchi Pin
  3. Mojave Enchi Redstripe Pin
  4. Mojave Enchi
  5. Mojave Enchi Redstripe Pin
  6. Mojave Enchi Pin

These are my quick guesses but @t_h_wyman will nail this one, so I’d wait for his IDs :blush:

6 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome. This is my first clutch :heart_eyes: and I’m so excited. But the possibility of actually get a dual sire clutch wasn’t what I expected to start with :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Possible dad’s parents: Enchi Pastel Fire Pinstripe DH Ultramel Pied X Enchi Ultramel Pied

2 Likes

Well whoever told you that has likely never worked with Enchi. Rest assured, every one of these babies has Enchi in it

Now… As far as RedStripe is concerned, you managed to pick just about the worst two morphs (Enchi and Pin) when it comes to “dampening” the expression of RS. So my IDs are only tentative here and I will not swear by them.

That caveat out of the way, I believe numbers two, four and six do NOT have RS

7 Likes

I can’t help much with the genetics but they are all beautiful babies!

4 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

I’m taking this as a win

7 Likes

Thank you so much for your answer. I had no idea Enchi and Pin would hide RS :scream:
For the learning purpose, how do you id Enchi in 1 & 4 (specially in nr 1)? Many people could learn from that, because only you and 2 other see Enchi in those two, and 8 other breeders/hobbyists dont see.
Thank you :pray:

3 Likes

When you think that your super isn’t even a single and someone comes in a say with confidence that is a now proven super, it is a good day.

3 Likes

This might help.

Purple - banded blushing.
Blue - blank alien heads (no “eyes”/black spots or pixilation)
Teal - wide blushing that is close against the alien heads.

But just to quote my earlier post…

7 Likes

The main identifiers for RS are going to be a strong dorsal stripe and a more “blocky” regularized lateral pattern. Enchi and Pin both confer that lateral change so you lose that as an identifier. Pin has a strong dorsal by itself and Enchi tends to suppress dorsal stripes. So all in combination they act as pretty strong masks.

In this case it is all about the colour. Enchi adds a more golden/umber hue to Mojave. If I were to throw a normal coloured Mojave next to yours the difference would be shockingly clear

7 Likes

What combinatiom would be the best to see RS. I mean, what genes male I should use for her next season to find out if the is RS and also preferably to get great babies for future RS project, probably Clown?
What makes it harder that she is also pos Pinstripe, so there will most likely be some Pin babies anyway.

2 Likes