Help with morph on my new baby leo

I got him a few weeks ago, he’s eating great for me. I can’t seem to figure out what morph he is. He’s a but to young to correctly sex, so he for now. He’s my second gecko I currently have at the moment the other is a blizzard and twice his size. They are in separate tanks.

4 Likes

HERE is a page with some tips that will help us guess what your gecko is.

Because s/he lacks pattern, it’s harder to guess. He might be a dark Super Snow W/Y Blizzard, Blizzard only, Blizzard & Super Snow, or any number of other combinations. It’s too hard to tell much just based on his appearance.

Your baby is very cute! It will be cool to watch him/her as they grow and see what the adult coloration will be!

2 Likes

He’s my second baby, my other I got his size a few months ago and she’s double his size. I had 2 adults before them but sadly lost them, they were around 13-15 years old.

Here’s the other leo i have. She’s in a 40 Breeder the baby is in a 10 but will be upgrading him to a 20 long shortly, just need a screen and to empty it of water, currently houses fish.

4 Likes

She’s a beauty as well! You’ve got a pair of lovely leos! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you. Would you like to see the two I had lost? They were pretty themselves.

1 Like

Sure! But since it’s not relevant to the topic of this particular thread, post it here:

I tell the stories of several of my babies (I have a lot of elderly leopard geckos). :heart:

2 Likes

I got some better photos of my new guy.

1 Like

4 Likes

Adorable little man! :heart_eyes: Since he has all black eyes, he’s most likely a Blizzard. (Black eyes are normal in Blizzards.) I just love his color, very cool!

1 Like

My other blizzard doesn’t have black eyes like his. Could she be a blazing blizzard? She’s starting to have yellow appear on her.

3 Likes

Blizzards can have black eyes or normal eyes, and can also have a tinge of yellow skin color. Albino eyes have pink irises, and a Blazing Blizzard is a Tremper albino + Blizzard, so your other baby isn’t a Blazing Blizzard. Still just as pretty! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So both are blizzards then? I feed a mixture of crickets, superworms/large mealworms and crickets, with a hornworm or waxworm as a special treat

2 Likes

It appears that they are both Blizzards, but there’s not any way to know for sure, because we don’t have any genetic background information.

I’m not really up to reviewing diet right now, and it would be off-topic for this thread. However, if you make a separate thread about leopard gecko diet, everyone can chime in with their input. :+1: You can also search the forum for previous posts about leopard gecko husbandry & you’ll find all kinds of info! :blush:

1 Like

These two make the 3rd and 4th leopard geckos I’ve kept. Both came from a pet store so unsure of their genetics.

1 Like