Help with Mouth Rot

I’m so sorry that she passed on, she was indeed very beautiful. It’s so hard to lose a scaly buddy. :cry: I hope everything works out and that you get to make a new scaly friend. :snake:

6 Likes

Oh cr*p, thats heartbreaking. I know you saw I went through a somewhat similar experience and I just stumbled on this thread. My heart just plummetted for you. I’m also super non-confrontational and knowing that you were able to confront the breeder gives me a bit of confidence. I’m super hopeful for you and dang its hard

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. I’m
Sorry that you lost yours. I hope it gets better for you. And this breeder I got them from is a real piece of work, he’s made me exhausted about this whole situation.

4 Likes

UGH. I’m having my SO help me write an email to the breeder this weekend… I have a feeling we may have a shared experience in that. DM me if you need to vent :blush:

5 Likes

Thank you, my SO helped me with mine too, I would copy and paste what he wrote and edit it a little. Lol. It’s been over a week since her passing and it still hits hard, owning a pair of Northerns has been a long term goal. Same to you as well if you need to vent or advice with your breeder! :smile:

6 Likes

UPDATE:
It has been nasty, after weeks of him telling me he was going to ship. I reported him to the FBI group on FB and he has acted very unpleasantly. Also contacted PayPal for dispute.

9 Likes

I cant explain how sorry I am that you have to go through that but he will get what he gives. What goes around really does come around.

6 Likes

Come to find out today, the man I got her from has a morph market account now.

4 Likes

Report it straight away to the support section of MM. You have more than enough evidence as well as this thread to support your claim.

5 Likes

Yep, what @nathan_e said. Just let @john see this and I am sure he will listen and be willing to help.

4 Likes

This is why I think under certain circumstances we should be allowed to share who these poor breeders are. I understand it’s not proper or polite to call someone out, but given everything he’s done wrong with this situation and how’s he’s acted with negligence, I don’t think breeders like that belong in the hobby. We have to have standards in this hobby. This is part of the reason some people have a bad outlook towards our hobby and it will only get corrected if those of us in the reptile community deal with it. In other industries where individuals act like this, they are often called out and not allowed to participate or at least made aware that others shouldn’t deal or support their endeavors. Because giving a guy like this support through monies is not proper, and how’s anyone to know any better without knowing who they are.

Again I understand as to why we don’t allow to share this type of information on this forum. It could lead to taking sides and MM can’t be allowed to be shown to side with any particular party. Also to prevent hate mail or hate responses to this particular seller is understandable. But why do we continue this type of behavior to be allowed in a hobby most of us feel deeply about.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a PM with the sellers info so I can steer clear of em myself.

6 Likes

I posted the story to an FBI group on FB and many people came forward with their horror stories from his as well. Other comments mentioning how he said RI wasn’t contagious and how he said going to the vet wasn’t a necessary step at first was very unprofessional and not right of him either. Plus the scourge of harassment I got from him after he found the post. The post got taken down due to people in the comments personally attacking him.

5 Likes

I don’t have FB or any social media like that. But given you received the same type of concerns from others who have bought from him, shows me this dude is in the wrong. But the worst part is no one can take away his freedom to breed or sell, that’s not in our authority to do so, only to hopefully shed light on a growing problem in this hobby. That being breeders or sellers that have no place to give this community a bad name. We have enough problems with government and animal activists trying to take away our rights as reptile keepers, these issues don’t help.

6 Likes

I understand what you are saying and why you think we should be allowed to call out crappy sellers but in Morphmarket’s defense as well as @john they do work extremely quickly if there is proof of a ongoing issue so I have no doubt they will try to work with @serpentswitch117 on the issue. It sucks that some of us have to learn that a seller is bad by either getting scammed or receiving a sick animal but when you look at the hobby as a whole there are so many more good and genuine sellers than the bad ones. To me this is what makes the hobby worth it.

6 Likes

I agree completely. I have met and know of more honest sellers than dishonest ones.
I’ve just never understood how making a buck can lead to some people acting like this. Money is never more important than being honest or true in your line of work. But again even with my feelings on this subject, who am I to say he can’t sell or keep reptiles. In the end it’s not our decision to make unfortunately.

4 Likes

It’s exactly that, I’ve been in the hobby going on 5 years. This is the first time I’ve ever encountered someone like him. He’s an importer, and he gets them and turns around and sells them. Mainly, I want justice for a life that was pointlessly lost due to someone’s carelessness and greed.

4 Likes

I think that’s what we all want. People like him seem to forget these animals, especially imports, have rights too. That animal would still be alive most likely and doing just fine in the wild. And since it was his actions that are responsible for its death, there should be consequences towards him for doing so.
I’ve been in the hobby for about 12 years, and I’ve ran into a few of these people over that course. And really the only thing you can do is spread the word to people you know and trust and maybe he’ll fade away like I’ve seen a few others have before due to complete negligence like this.

5 Likes

I have not read all of the posts in this thread, but I am sorry for the OP’s troubles with this seller.

We’ve discussed extensively why we don’t do store rating on these forums, someone please link the explanation whenever the topic is brought up.

I’m glad you reported it to an FBI. Beyond our ratings system when that it is applicable, that is what we recommend.

We are open to receiving feedback about sellers on our site for situations that took place off site, however these will generally go into our private notes and factor into judgments in future situations with those sellers rather than being a case that we will act immediately on. It is a lot of work to investigate these kinds of situations especially to the point of making a severe judgment on a seller. We have seller who are causing problems on our site and our energy is focused there. In the coming months we will be producing better document policies on this kind of thing. So please do report it but with tempered expectations.

6 Likes