HGW a BEL complex?

Hi! Still pretty new to BP genetics/breeding. I have a HGW-mystic-mojave-pastel who is an exceptional looking BEL.

She was one of my 1st purchases and I have not found anything about HGW producing BELs. Anyone onow anything about this?

Thank you!

Mystic and Mojave are part of the BEL complex.

There’s a list of complexes here: Allelic Morphs aka Complexes

Hope that helps out!

2 Likes

Yes, I know, but combined do not create an all white snake.

I am curious if anyone else has experienced this. Pastel mystic potions are not all white either, so is adding HGW causing an all white snake?

HGW is not in the BluEL complex.

As dab noted, Mystic and Mojave are alleles in the complex and you can only have two copies of any given gene.

The HGW and Pastel added to the combination could be stripping away the patterning to make a more uniform colouration

2 Likes

It looks like HGW in combination with the Mystic Mojave cleans up the animal to be almost completely white. If you take a look at the market place, there’s a few HGW Mystic Potions that are almost entirely white. Add Pastel and it probably makes a very white animal.

I would love to see how she looks, she sounds lovely.

2 Likes

CMC produced her. She was sold to me through MM. He has some youtube videos of her as well. She is not super mojave. Whiter than my opal, no pattern, very smokey grey on the head. One of the prettiest snakes I own.