Hopes for 2020

So what odds are you guys hoping to hit on for the upcoming 2020 breeding season? I unfortunately missed out on producing a clown pied but I will have a male ready by next season and he will be my ticket to a chance at a clown pied. I am curious as to what projects you guys missed out on and are hoping to hit in 2020.

Ill be trying for urban camos this year, we have 2 shots at it. 1/32 odds :sweat_smile: next year with my new boy that’s still growing up the odds will be a lot better but still hoping we can hit one!

1 Like

I hope you hit the odds too! Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I have a male 300 grams away from breeding age hoping to put him to my super Mojave female and possibly try maternal incubation

Hypo Mojave Pied would be nice not that I ever tried for them in that past but this is what I am looking forward to, I am fortunate enough that I never miss on odds even the 1/64 always happen on first try, I have been extremely lucky over the years…than will talk again in a few years when I will shoot for triple recessive. :wink:

3 Likes

I hope you all get what you hope for.

I hope to start for the first time breeding ball pythons. Just hope my girls mature a little extra so I know the are really ready for breeding and they and the boys “like” each other enough to start making babies:grinning:. A new exciting step in keeping these beautifull animals.

2 Likes

I hit on my hypo grey matter and super vanilla sable pastel this year. So I don’t have my hopes to high lol. Hoping to hit on sable chocolate vanilla butter and super pastel pinstripe clown (on a het x het pairing)

2 Likes

Triple recessive really sounds exciting!

Someone challenged me so I just have to do it, the idea of the result itself is exciting and a great motivation thinking about the odds and chances of succeeding not so much…time will tell.

3 Likes

May the odds be ever in your favor… snake breeders, ha-ha.

3 Likes

I hope my female will get enough weight on her and I hope to get a blue eyed Lucy.
It will be her and my very first breeding.

Sorry if this includes typos i got dyslexia.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

My biggest focus isn’t on BPs at all but in my BRBs. As for BPs, I’m focusing a lot on my Oriole project, plugging it into as many other combos as I think it will improve. I’m really hoping it’ll produce a super and I’m anxious to see what that might look like. I’m also hoping to prove out a couple of Piebald het females that finally got up to size. That’s it for my BPs.

1 Like

I’m just hoping to produce my first ball python clutch this year, maybe two clutches if my hognoses breed for me once they’re out of brumation.

4 Likes

Haven’t breed snakes in years but am getting back into it. Pairing my super pastel mojave male with my normal and my bumblebee mojave. Hoping to get a couple blue eyed Lucy’s and some single gene Mojave’s.

1 Like

I’m hoping to produce some Blackhead Pied combos, and for good sex ratios on my double/triple het projects! :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I’m hoping to my first produce “normal” and very hoping produce Bananaball x Kingpin.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing what Blackhead Pied combos you hit! My Blackhead 50% het pied male didn’t prove out last season so I’m raising up hets for now.

2 Likes

Set aside money through the first half of the year.

Move at the end of my lease to a house or other more permanent living situation with ample space for future operations.

Buy professional racks/infrastructure to house first season of hatchlings.

Buy first male.

Hopefully be ready and approaching some first pairings late 2020 or early 2021 depending how my females grow throughout the year.

5 Likes