ID for petsmart ball python?

First things first, I did not buy this snake bc I have no interest in funding petsmart’s reptile sales. That said, he’s gorgeous! I’m not good enough with morphs yet to have any clue what this little guy might be, and i was wondering if anybody might be willing to help me figure it out? I was only able to get one decent photo, so I know it won’t be possible to definitively ID him, I’m just curious what y’all’s best guesses would be!

3 Likes

From that picture I would say a Enchi clown, but that’s a wild guess

2 Likes

I would have to go with a enchi butter and some other brightening genes but I am not sure of what exactly since it is only really a side shot of the snake.

1 Like

I definitely need a better picture, but I’m wondering if he isn’t a G-Stripe combo.

3 Likes

What I was thinking too but petco rarely ever carry anything recessive. If it is a G stripe I wonder if they are even aware that it is or if they just have it labeled as a fancy ball python.

2 Likes

G-Stripe is one of the less expensive recessives, so it doesn’t surprise me that much.

3 Likes

It looks like a pastel genetic stripe from the picture. If we could see more pictures that would greatly help.

2 Likes

Super specter of some sort

I’m still pretty sure on Enchi Clown… I want to throw Butter in there aswel after having a proper look.

This is very clown~y
SmartSelect_20201218-072205_Chrome

Here’s a Butter Enchi Clown to compare …

(Image from Google)

I think the petsmart guy just has a lovely full dorsal stripe.

2 Likes

It isn’t a clown, the headstamp is normal

5 Likes

To be honest, I can’t really make out any head stamp from that angle, just the eye line.

Clown head stamps are quite prominent in combos until you add stuff like Butter, Spotnose, Bamboo… etc. And then it seems to become a battle between genes.

1 Like

This is definitely a GStripe of some kind or other. The lighting is giving it a weird colour so absolute ID is difficult but I would guess either a single-gene or a GStripe Pastel

3 Likes

Ok so maybe I’m not completely awful at morphs after all. My initial guess was enchi clown, but I felt like there was no way petsmart would have a clown… it was those tear drops on the side that had me really thinking that. Thanks everybody, especially since this was just for my own curiosity :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish i had more photos to add, but he was very active and curious about me so this was the only non-blurry photo i got.

1 Like

Probably either a Gstripe or Super stripe combo. I feel like there’s more to it than either of those on their own though. Maybe enchi.

yep I think its enchi superstripe

DEFINITELY NOT A CLOWN
DEFINITELY NOT A SUPERSTRIPE

Definitely Genetic Stripe. The question is what else if at all with genetic stripe. It’s possible it’s plain genetic stripe but because of the wavy sides and color there could be leopard or Enchi. BUT that’s it!

There’s no butter there, no pastel either!

1 Like

There is no Leopard or Enchi in it, both of those reduce and clean up the laterals on GStripe.

Like I said above, the lighting is throwing off the reality of the colour, but it is either a single gene or a Pastel. Most likely the prior

2 Likes

After looking at a few pictures, I agree pastel looks more promising than anything else.

1 Like

I’d say, OD, Pastel, maybe even Enchi but definitely Genetic Stripe!