Identification

Thanks a bunch for the warm welcome <3 I’m glad I have a special little guy. He’s my first and I’m excited to watch him thrive.

4 Likes

So we think this dude is a funky looking normal?

4 Likes

I vote for low expression diffused. But his color is also unusual. I’d love if you could post him again in a few months when he’s grown a bit more and his color has developed.

6 Likes

that sounds like a plan :+1:

5 Likes

Yes most definitely keep us all updated with pictures in a few months down the road! But don’t hesitate to join in during that time if you find things here you are interested in! This is a great group of people and we have a lot of fun! :heart::+1::blush:

4 Likes

We’ll look forward to more pics as your baby grows. I’m leaning towards genetically Diffused, I think @solarserpents is probably right. If he is, as your snake grows, it may be more easy to see depending on what happens along its sides. Or not. Sometimes they’re just difficult to determine without breeding trials. In any case, it’s great that you have a serpent buddy to love!

4 Likes

I can’t help it - I got some more pics of Wyrm and I just want to share :slight_smile:

and when he was curious about the camera:

5 Likes

I don’t blame you for wanting to show him off! We always love pictures! :+1::blush::snake:

4 Likes

Heck yeah, some days I live for pics. The last one made me laugh. I’ve got more than a few of those kind! :rofl:

4 Likes

Him rest his head on leef :3

7 Likes

Lol he’s so cute!

4 Likes

My boy had his first shed with me :smiley: one whole piece that measured 19in

5 Likes

That’s super! The humidity must be spot on! Some people save sheds as mementos?

3 Likes

Wonderful to hear. Glad he’s doing so well!

3 Likes

I have bad news. I was a day late feeding Wyrm, and when I went to feed him yesterday, he was no where to be found in his tank. Both me and my roommate turned over the house looking for him. Unfortunately there are lots of things he could get in that are unmoveable/unreachable. Another unfortunate thing is the fact that I have cats that would absolutely love to… hunt something like Wyrm…

Im very distraught and I’ll be keeping an eye out but I have a feeling I’m not going to see him again.

3 Likes

Was the lid not on the tank properly? Are you absolutely sure he is not in the tank? Like maybe he is in the seam of the tank? Do you have any hides with little nooks and crannies he could coil up in?

3 Likes

Oh, no! I’m so sorry Wyrm isn’t where he’s supposed to be. Don’t give up, though. They can turn up months later, safe and sound. He’ll be fine without food for quite some time. Do put some water out for him, like near a wall in a couple of rooms. Do keep an eye on your cats as they may let you know where Wyrm is hiding. You may have some luck with a 2-L bottle trap. I’ll link a thread with a lot of good tips for finding a snake on the lam.

3 Likes
3 Likes

You said he was in a tank, was it a sliding lid or just a screen lid, and if the latter, did you have clips?

Don’t give up, I’ve got two snakes that were both missing then found months later. They do show back up, and the cats may possibly alert you to the little one, keep an eye on their behavior.

6 Likes

Try looking anywhere warm. Some also tend not to go far from their enclosures alough this isnt always the case. Ive had a couple escape and its supprising where you can find them. It would aldo help to know what areas it can get into. Where I have mine i can close the door and they cant escape the room. Ive even found one of mine in a bag of bedding before.

4 Likes