Indonesian tree boa- anyone have experience to share?

hello I have been looking into Indonesian tree boa. they seem very cool, the only down size is they are hard to get eating mice. does anyone have experience with this snake?

4 Likes

Welcome to the community! I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Indonesian Tree Boas, so I hope someone on here can share some info- now I’m curious. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Welcome to our family. I don’t remember if anyone owns them on here but I hope if they do, I hope they could help you out.

2 Likes

thanks I hope so too.:+1:

1 Like

I have a 2.3 group of Candoia bibroni australius

Babies are notorious for wanting to start on lizards but I have a feeling with things like ReptiLinks and scentings it will become easier to get them started.

Adults are garbage disposals though. Mine take mice, hamsters, rat pups, chicks, quail… I have not tried ReptiLinks yet but I would bet that the females would probably take them without even hesitating (the males are a bit more finicky, they also have a fun tendency to just go off feed for six months without warning)

I have posted pics of mine here in a few places…

4 Likes

ok thanks for the response

have you been able to breed these guys?

Not yet, but I have only had them about six or eight months so they are still “learning the rhythm of the room”

2 Likes

I own 4 indonesian tree boas, i am by no means an expert but i am keeping them successfully and would be happy to share any info.

that’s so cool! I am not currently looking for one but its great t know people a keeping them