Investment animals

Well whatever you should decide, the best of luck to you! When it comes to reptiles, especially snakes, I’m like a kid in a candy store so it would be difficult to decide. I just enjoy all mine as pets!

Take care!:snake::sunglasses:

2 Likes

@reticlover4life Here is an afterthought on your investment question. You could do some research on types of snakes that are seldom seen on the captive bred market such as loxocemus bicolor pythons or rubber boas or any other seldom seen snake. You might be able to make more money with less work if your have something that is sought after……pardon me if you think it’s a bad……

3 Likes

No think it is a great idea

2 Likes

I think the idea of offering rarity animals is actually pretty smart. Like everyone and their mothers ( so to speak ) breeds ball pythons and other snakes like that, so you have 1000s of breeders trying to sell thier animals to a handful of buyers. Me, im always looking for the hard to find scorpions and there aren’t too many breeders carrying them so some of the animals i buy are hundreds of dollars. So finding an animal thats rare that people want would probably do well.

2 Likes

yeah I was thinking about Amazon Basin emerald tree boas

2 Likes

@rmleone because they are rare and mostly everyone wants one

2 Likes

@reticlover4life I am glad I could contribute something worthwhile to read! If you ever decide to breed rubber boas, keep me in mind! I have been looking for one for years! Lol😩

@rmleone Lol! I too just shelled out several hundred dollars for a captive bred seldom seen on the market snake but it was worth it! I just keep snakes as pets and they are all very special to me……

1 Like

Ive been wanting a rubber boa, i saw one in a friend’s pet store years ago but my parents forbid me to own snakes ( they think snakes are of the devil, no lie) now i never see them, i saw one listing but the seller was like i don’t sell to California, not sure if its a personal thing with the seller or a regulation thing. But i definitely would love to see more captive bred animals that are gard to find. I don’t mind spending some money for my dream animals. My animals are my family so they aren’t just pets to me.

1 Like

@rmleone I saw a listing for a rubber boa years ago for 175.00 but I did not realize what a find it was at the time. And yes there are tons of those who connect all snakes with the devil! Lol! I attribute this mindset to a lack of knowledge of reptiles in general. As for me, I would have a whole house full if I could!

1 Like

Me too, me too! Id have a zoo if if could. Honestly i love animals wayyyy mote than people, of course not all people are bad.

1 Like

@rmleone That is probably the funniest thing I have heard in a while @caron @rmleone I AM SO SORRY it think that rubber boas are just not for me BUT i think that black headed pythons are for me cheers

3 Likes

Ok @rmleone here is a hot tip on the rubber boa quest! I found a breeder here on MorphMarket who breeds them. It is Zerkle Reptiles. I contacted her (Amy) and she said if the snakes cooperate they should have some available next June/July. So @reticlover4life you should get another chuckle out of this! Lol!

And you guys I am still really fumbling around this posting process so if I do something dumb please correct me! Or humor me! Lol! I hope I don’t get in trouble for posting this into but I thought of you both when I got Amy’s reply.

So I promise I will leave you guys alone now! I have so enjoyed our conversation! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks so much :heart: :pray: i will definitely keep the months free for savings when they do pop up. This is one of my dream animals. I have a thing for the smaller boas and other snakes and reptiles. I will most definitely look for her. Thanks for looking out for me.

1 Like

You are very welcome! :+1::wink:

1 Like

@rmleone @caron GUYS!! I FOUND CAPTIVE BRED ONES!! there are four available so you each get a pair if they don’t sell out they are sold by predators but they come at a price of 650

1 Like

There are 5 sorry here is the link C.B.B Rubber Boa by Predators Reptile Center - MorphMarket

1 Like

Wow! Thank you! I will check them out!!!:wink::snake:

1 Like

Thank you so much but my monthly allotment is all read earmarked for something :woman_facepalming: bummer. These boas are rare and im sure they will be gone by November. Thanks for looking out for me. I really do appreciate the heads up. Maybe i can contact and see if i can put a down payment? Won’t hurt to ask i suppose. Worse thing they can do is say no, and i don’t really have the money atm. I can’t tap myself that much i have rent and some bills and food to pay. Thank you again though, if i miss out then i can try the other seller next year, unless one shows up in December.

1 Like

This is why I’m trying to invest in other species to breed in the future rather than just ball pythons :joy: though I love so many of the ball python morphs that they make up around half of my collection!

So far I have a retic pair, blood python pair, Mexican black kingsnake pair, desert kingsnake pair, Colombian rainbow boa pair, several western hoggies and a tricolor hognose I’m all raising up.
Recently got a normal het kahl albino baby boa so I’ll likely be picking up a nice male for her in the future. Maybe a sunglow, I like sunglows.

I also need to pick up a male for my tricolor hognose eventually… just waiting for the right one and extra funds, I want one with “perfect” banding and bright coloration so I can work towards nicely handed/colored babies. Sort of a line breeding project if you will.

As for OP, definitely make sure you’re knowledgeable on husbandry and basic care before you jump into breeding. I’d agree with all the advice given by others here, do research and consider your options…. And most of all pick a species and morphs to work with that you think you’ll enjoy!
… btw, me having 10 different species of snake isn’t something I’d recommend doing for any beginner :joy:

4 Likes