Investment animals

@trnreptiles what pair of retic pair do you have like morph wise been think into getting to the pieds they are so pretty but in Texas which were I live you have to have a permit which I don’t mind getting

1 Like

But then I found super dwarfs and I am set

1 Like

The pieds are really pretty, I’d like to have one myself :joy:

My male is a mochino poss het anthrax, female is a motley goldenchild tiger… kind of an odd mix but should still make for some cool babies.

4 Likes

@trnreptiles all I can say is wow I think I prefer the moca

1 Like

@trnreptiles * mochino

1 Like

You are good, so far as i know the only rules youd have to worry about is no self promotion unrelated to a topic (i.e. jumping into a topic about searching for a seller about leopard geckos to post a link to your shop advertising to sell ball pythons, or somebody not asking for recommendations and just dropping your info to fish for sales. That being said its totally fine to my knowledge to show off clutches you have hatched, as long as you arent trying to hijake a topic (many jusy make their own and involve the community in guessing morphs, or just to show the babies, if anyone is interested, they will click your name to be directed to a store).

The next is you cant name drop somebody to badmouth them (in open chat). However, you can absolutely share recommendations for breeders such as here where you found something another member was looking for and gave a suggestion :).

Basically here are the questions to ask: is my post too shameless, can my post start a witch hunt of another individual. If the answer is yes, reconsider haha.

3 Likes

Love retics colors and patterns, but they are definitely a snake for me that is “cool to see others have, but not to own”

2 Likes

Precisely why I picked him out! I love his colors and pattern. His name is Xerxes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I also like the more patternless look on retics, so why I picked out Godiva as well — that and she was an investment snake at $900 :joy:

2 Likes

It took me forever to convince my fiancé to let me get retics in the first place, so I definitely get that! He was afraid we wouldn’t be able to handle a full grown mainland, but I have a bit more confidence than he does. As long as we’re both present when handling and we work closely with these two as they grow to properly socialize them and hook train them, I don’t think it’ll be too much of an issue!

1 Like

@trnreptiles yeah I am looking at a dream pair of mine a pied and a renick ghost phanton(only 3 in the world) and make some cool double het phantoms and normal’s

1 Like

Im a fan of “classic” Retics and tiger, the others look beautiful but imo i feel the Retic look is what makes them special, with the patern and fecks of gold and the iridescence. Some animals just look better basic and some the morphs really enhance the species. But of course everyone has their preferences. If i was married to a big guy who liked snakes I’d probably talk him into a Retic but thats probably not happening. If i make it another 10 or 20 years ill be lucky.

2 Likes

@trnreptiles like i am look at buying them

1 Like

Oh for sure! I think normals/wildtypes look just as pretty as some of the morphs!

I just figured if I was gonna breed them that I’d be better off investing into some higher end animals to start with lol

1 Like

Yeah I am probably hold back one of them then it really starts

1 Like

@trnreptiles sorry my bad

1 Like

Of course, as a business ya have to cater to the market demand and way more people are after morphs over the original. Every once in a while you’d have someone like me asking for the wild type or tiger, but we are just a small %

1 Like

Having another person around 100% of the handling times is a must. While they arent a huge risk of striking, the risk when they do is too great to ignore. I have me, so it was a no go haha. Plus i think my state drew the line. I believe anacondas and retics arent allowed where i live.

2 Likes

I think a lot of states are cracking down on the large breed snakes. Many species are pretty adaptive.

1 Like

Adaptiveness isnt the problem here in new england, the winter would certainly kill them

1 Like

That sound like an awesome pair! I’d definitely like to pick up a pied at least but I don’t want to get too many retics because of how much space they need when they’re full grown haha

1 Like