Is this Hognose Snake poop Normal?

I just got my first Hognose snake, and she had a poop this morning looking like this…

I was wondering if this is normal or if it’s ok if it happens one time.

Just some more information,
I got her on 11/10/21. She is a year old. Her previous owner said she was healthy and eats well. She was fed last Saturday, 11/6/21. This is her second time pooping in her new tank. Her first poop looked normal from what I’ve seen. This is her second poop and I haven’t seen any information on what this could be? Please tell me if this is something that has to be examined immediately or nothing to worry about.

My Western Hognose poop again. It as been 10 hours since her last poop. This one looks like this…

Her poop now has urates this time. But also has a speck of blood to it, same color as her last poop. Please tell me if this is something that has to me examined immediately or nothing to worry about.

My last post on her Poop :point_down:

Just some more information,
I got her on 11/10/21. She is a year old. Her previous owner said she was healthy and eats well. She was fed last Saturday, 11/6/21. This is her third time pooping in her new tank. Her first poop looked normal from what I’ve seen. Her second poop looked like this but with no urates. I don’t know if this is a health concern, so if anyone knows please tell me!

What size prey item are you feeding? Does it have fur?

She is on hoppers and they do have fur. But she was fed on Saturday and she has pooped 4 times within 2 days of having her.

Can I see a picture that shows her physique?

At this point I see no cause for alarm given the stress of an address change, husbandry change, and weather change. If you just acquired it, it’s going to have been through some environmental stress.

1 Like

These are pictures I took of her yesterday before putting her in the new tank. I haven’t handled her since then. Because I’ve heard when bringing a new snake home, you shouldn’t handle them for at least a week and same goes for feeding.

That why I’m concerned about her pooping 4 times in 2 days, and it also looking like. Just wanting to know if that is something to bring to a vet.

1 Like

That’s a well fed snake, I wouldn’t worry too much just yet but a fecal exam might give you some reassurance that everything is fine. You can either contact a vet or go through online sources like FishHead Diagnostics

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the feedback. This really helps!

2 Likes