Is this tub size okay?

Was wondering what everyone though about if this tub size is fine or if I should bump her up to a bigger size?

6 Likes

I’d say that tub size is just right.

3 Likes

Personally would say bigger.
Then again we tried to give all our royals big tubs when we had them.
The only one I have now will be going into a big viv soon.

6 Likes

For me I like to keep mine in CB70s when they get that size. Gives me more room for a hide if they need it, and I prefer having the additional space for fake plants or larger water dishes (last one depends on how prone they are to tipping theirs over).

2 Likes

Some would say that’s perfect but maybe a little bit larger in my opinion !

2 Likes

I would also say go bigger. Not enough room imo once females hit that size I put them in 41qt tubs.

6 Likes

I’m going to agree with @westridge
For now that size is about right, but you will want to bump up to a larger one as she grows though.

1 Like

I would say use your best judgment, personally it looks a little small to me. But when I become a breeder possibly my opinion will change.

1 Like

Is that a 28qt?

Its a 12qt I believe. She is around 600gs.

Personally I say to small. I like tubs where a snake can stretch out fully along one side of the tub. Yours isn’t a like bad size but not ideal to me. I’d definitely upgrade.

5 Likes

upgrading will be done tonight!

1 Like

tonight is also feeding night, is it okay to feed her tonight after moving her to a larger tub?

I’d feed her tonight then move tomorrow.
I’ve found them to refuse when I move them first :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I agree with this! That’s why I felt I would personally go a size bigger! Excellent point!

4 Likes

I’d have her in a 28qt at that size

1 Like

@jdrum6

I don’t work with balls but what I do is move them right after feeding if you feel safe doing so. My corns and sands never mind a tub upgrade after or even while eating. I’ll always stick a hide they are familiar with in the new tub and introduce them to that specific hide.

1 Like

In my experience it comes down to what the animal likes. Do that and you should be set.

5 Likes

I definitely think bigger is better, our ball pythons love to climb and move about.

I also find that moving them may stop them eating for a week or so.

This is the truth… I have a BP sitting in a 6qt right now that I want to upgrade SO badly. Looks cramped as hell, but as soon as she touches a 15qt she is off feed.

If they are happy, I’m happy!

1 Like