January 2024 OTM Winners of 2023 Voting Thread!

And that’s why I love it here!

I was a 90s kid, so I basically grew up on the internet (at a time before most parents were aware of the dangers and most didn’t bother to monitor their kids’ online activities), so while this is the only reptile forum I’ve been involved with, I’m all too familiar with the behavior described by @emerican247. But I found that the older I got, the less tolerance I had for that kind of BS. I haven’t even logged into my Facebook account in a decade, and I never got into the other social media platforms. Heck, I even try to avoid the comments sections on YouTube videos, because too often they make me lose all hope for humanity. :person_facepalming:

The Internet is definitely a mixed bag. There are absolutely some wonderful things about it, like this community and its wonderful members, having infinite information at our fingertips, and being able to instantly communicate with people all over the world. But with that also comes a whole lotta drama. :joy:

6 Likes

@lumpy oh i’m not going anywhere, don’t you worry. &i wasn’t the one that was confused about any jokes, that was your boy @logar . I’m not sure what exactly you mean or were trying to convey by me making a joke about you being someone else has to do with paranoia but the presence of emojis & since it made no sense whatsoever- yeah, I could tell you weren’t being serious.

@dsed I’m glad you understood the humor in my comment &I will make sure to be more active in my postings over here as i have been on coldblooded. I’ve made a few posts over in the tree boa area here so far &have been asked to keep updating people on a few of my animals so i will do my best to oblige. I don’t have facebook or instagram or any of that ■■■■ for the same reasons as previously listed &honestly have never had any trouble in trying to get rid of any of the animals that I produce so I’m not sure how much I will even need to list on Morphmarket but I have found a few nice additions to my breeding programs &quite a few new friends so i definitely find it helpful &am enjoying the other pages connected with it as well. I am glad to hear that this outlet is trying to be as far from facebook as possible, that is definitely a good sign!

Hope everyone is havong a wonderful day,
Skòl

MP3

4 Likes

Well @emerican247 I am certainly glad you are here as well! I am another one who doesn’t do Facebook or any of the other social media sites out there. It a personal preference for everyone!

I am starting my second year on MM and I consider the people here my reptilian family! There are so many good folks that I would so love to meet in person. They know their stuff and will jump in to advise, help out, and even console a broken heart from the loss of an animal. Though this union is not perfect (we do have our moments :joy:) it’s pretty darn close imho.

Tbh I’m not that crazy about CB. I have seen a couple of things that imho should have been taken down immediately. The MM staff would have addressed it in a New York skinny minute. The only thing they expect of us is to honor the MMC guidelines, which we have acknowledged we will do. Which we should do.

Again do please stay like you said you would! Absolutely NO CORNERS for you! And again btw, whoever that person/goat kid is, he? is on the CB side is extremely irritating! Another good reason for me to stay away! However I may have to eat crow after this statement. I have had to eat crow a couple of times before…… :blush::joy:

Have a blessed evening! :pray:

5 Likes

yeah me neither. I definitely like it over here a lot more. It just seems that everyone is a lot less… connected if that makes sense.

5 Likes

@caron @logar well thank you so much for the warm welcome. I love sharing my knowledge &experiences with others in hopes that they look past the bad rap that arboreal species have &gain insight into all the wonderful aspects they have to offer. When I made the similarity to facebook comment, I was definitely meaning CB as opposed to MMC but they all seem to be interconnected or under the same entity. &some parts of it do seem tiresome but i do enjoy seeing all the cute animals in their environments that their loving keepers set up for them… even if 90% of them are boring ball pythons :rofl::rofl::rofl:

They’re still cute.

Skòl,
MP3

4 Likes

Just to clear up why they are separate. Here on the MRC we allow people to join at age 13+ and are dedicated to having a family friendly environment. If your son or daughter gets involved in reptiles, we want you to know they are in safe hands up in here. Everything is PG and education based … and heavily moderated to keep it as such. We have a team of 15+ volunteer moderators from all walks of life, whose sole goal is to keep the place welcoming. This is much more like the forums you remember of the past, but on an extremely amazing platform,… and less crazy people. (well, we do have @akmorphs, but you learn to love her craziness :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

ColdBlooded is a full blown social media, with very light moderation. You must be 16+ to join and some content on there is beyond what we would allow here on the MRC. While it has educational aspects, the goal of CB is simply to help you connect with other members of the community, events and listings. Basically reptile Facebook. A lot of the posts we would have deleted from here 12 months ago are now being posted on CB instead.

8 Likes

Thank you so much for the explanation Thomas! This accounts for a lot of what I have seen on CB! Which makes me appreciate what you guys do here on MMC even more! :blush::+1:

6 Likes

Yes, this is the impression that I was getting. Thank you for clarifying!

6 Likes

I definitely want to see the babies from that Halloween ATB of yours! If I ever get into true arboreals, ATBs are at the top of my list, so I’m always excited to hear from folks who have experience with them. (And of course, I love looking at pictures of them because they’re so freaking gorgeous.)

6 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: ColdBlooded Icon Missing

Someone’s gotta keep it interesting for the staff :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Amen to that :pray::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

We definitely love having you here Anna, trust me :joy:. You bring a whole element of life and add to this place a great deal :wink:.

7 Likes

I definitely will post some up. She was paired with a het leopard male so im hoping to see some leopard halloweens, that would be super awesome!!!

5 Likes

She is one thick momma…

6 Likes

Very very nice! A lot better than those “boring ball pythons” on CB! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

You said it, sister!!! Quotes or no quotes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Might as well throw up a few of the other two i decided to pair up… these two are way more lovey dovey, it’s almost gross.

Skòl,
MP3

5 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an ATB looking so fat. :joy:

Hope she gives you lots of healthy, beautiful babies! :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I know it. What’s funny is she was so scrawny just a few months ago, i took her to the vet for full gut scan just to make sure because i thought something was wrong with her!!! Lemme see if i can find a pic…

4 Likes

Oh wow that’s a huge difference! I can’t wait to see what they produce for you! I like the after pictures a lot better than the before! Nice and plump! :+1::blush::sunglasses:

5 Likes