Just noticed a new boa morph

Looking through MorphMarket for no real reason other than to eye up these beautiful snakes (which is totally normal right??) when I saw a new (gorgeous) morph listed. NFI Albino with it’s only trait listed as Kahl Albino… I’ve never heard of it so I was wondering if anyone may have any info on it.

6 Likes

The NFI stands for “no freaking idea” as it was out of nowhere. That’s the extent I know. It is interesting though.

8 Likes

Like GHI in Royals.
‘Gotta have it’
Quite funny really knowing these names :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

There are two breeders in CT that discovered NFI. They are still running through some pairings to better understand the genetics of it. They are currently pairing NFI x NFI this season, so hopefully they know more after that. They know it works with the kahl albino gene. Possibly similar to the Toffino combo in ball pythons.

I’ve been following this for a while, possibly looking to invest in it. Just my opinion, but I think it blows VPI out of the water. I’m thinking it could be a game changer for any breeder with a kahl collection.

7 Likes

Thank you for adding more info.

4 Likes

I would definitely love to see whatever comes from the NFI x NFI pairing!

4 Likes

I have NFI what the babies would look like…

I’ll see myself out

19 Likes

What do you get when you throw a sheep, a drum, and a snake off a cliff…

7 Likes

I have NFI.

6 Likes

Baaaa dum tisssss

6 Likes

Lmao :rofl: my husband’s favorite place to eat… NFI

I have NFI what’s going on here anymore…

4 Likes

I think we effectively killed the thread lol!

2 Likes

But we have made a new saying!

2 Likes

I saw the NFI boa in Chicago this summer at the NARBC show. The one I saw was a albino boa with a very light green tint to its tail color. Here are 4 bad pictures of it I took. Maybe someone has some better pictures of it and can post them.

Take care
Tom

6 Likes

Was is as awesome as everyone keeps saying? In your opinion.

In my opinon it was a little different but it was not sometimes that made me go WOW. That breeder is a good guy in my opinon. Have bought stuff from him in the past and it was a good experience very professional.

However some breeders / sellers try to make stuff up or just change the name of existing stuff to just jack up the price.

That why this is only a hobby for me and I only breed what I want for myself.

Take care
Tom

6 Likes

Quick update here. One of the breeders just posted a recent pic on an NFI Motley. You can see this is definitely different and more vibrant than your regular Kahl Albino Motley.

8 Likes

Wow it has a lot of purple.

2 Likes

One of the founders just completed the NFI x NFI breeding. Here are the findings for anyone interested……

9 Likes