Keeping busy during Covid-19 lockdown

Been busy with job and trying to home school my son, who desided that the Covid-19 lockdown is a great time to start puberty :scream: so much fun. I wonder how Thomas @eaglereptiles is doing this with his kids considering I only have one?!

But the good part is that for that past 4 weeks the sun was shining like summer and was even up to 35 celcius in the sun and not a single drop of rain. Even though our garden is tiny I did fill up up to 12 big pots with those summer plants and removed all the weeds, cut the trees ect. If we can not go out to nature than better bring the natural paradise to our own home. On the really warm days our reptiles also got a walk, run and crawl through our garden to get some exercise and natural uvb. Oh…and my son finally learned to cycle better… he didn’t like it at all, was scared for all the traffic but with almost no traffic on the roads due to the lock down (we still have some freedom to go out but reduced) it was really easier. Here in Holland bicycles are our main form of transport in towns and city’s so you can really not go without, it was a real headache toppic, but not anymore.

So all together, getting a little tired of sitting at home and cancellation of all fun events, but making the best of home helps too.

4 Likes

:joy::joy:

Help!.. Seriously, someone send some straight jackets :joy:.
My eldest daughter is running around singing “Carol Baskins” while dancing like she is trying to land planes in my living room and I think it’s causing me to lose my sanity :joy:.
Being honest though, they are being really grown up about being in lockdown, they haven’t complained much, if at all.

Luckily my house has a long path outside that is owned by the railway so we still get some fresh air when we walk the dog and don’t have to come across the general public.

We’ve actually spent the past few days doing the opposite to you in our own garden. I had a flower bed and around 30 pots full of soil from sunflowers, tomato’s, peas and corn last year

and since the kids are out there a lot now we spent the day dumping the soil out the front and scattering a bunch of fuscia seeds in it… You never know.

1 Like

:joy: :rofl: when I saw the video I know for sure it’s puberty. I was still doubting a little bit since he is only 11 but the behaviour is exactly the same. He is cool about the lockdown if this is lying down in front of television playing games eating loads of candy, sleeping late…In two weeks school starts again for two days a week so hope is on the horizon. Hope it will come soon for you too, in case of emergency you can always hide in toilet :grin:.

I love flower beds too, and fuscia’s. I did plant some of them too. One dogs pies on every plant he finds so everything below lifted dog leg hight has no chance on survival. The other one loves digging huge holes, expecially next to plants that are new in the ground so I gave up having nice flowerbeds. Even have fake grass because or garden looked like a bombs exploded in it before. Now some higher plants survived, and she can not dig through fake grass. The flower pots help making it looking like a real garden. So it still became a nice place to hide during lock down.

1 Like

Welp I just found out yesterday 2 of my main xbox friends have started Twitch streaming and have made me their 1st mod on their channels so I guess Ill be becoming more active on Twitch and/or xbox again.

1 Like

@beast-blade-wolf_987 Haha I popped the stream on a couple weeks ago without saying anything and a couple of my old mods were like HEY what the heck is you doing back on here :joy:
Warzone is life tho. For real lol

3 Likes

@thecrawdfather I havent been on xbox in forever and despite my keeping most of my twitch subscriptions running Ive barely watched any streams in quite some time. Then the other day one of the 2 friends I mentioned is like “yo me and her (the other friend) twitch stream now.” Next thing I know boom Ive been appointed 1st mod for both their channels. Talking to him earlier today I realized I can give it a shot myself possibly. I dont have much in terms of stuff to stream but neither does my female friend. I already updated my twitch and twitter profiles to say I mod for their channels and now Im thinking of maybe trying it out myself. They can mod for me back. I was thinking maybe doom 2016 then eternal to start out. They do warzone and stuff btw.

If you or anyone wants to check my friends out dm me and Ill tell you their handles.

Update: apparently Im supposed to be part of a warzone collab with them. Lol itll be like the old days when them and I used to play cod ghosts and stuff.

@thebeardedherper

I thought you would enjoy this because I seem to getting into homemade shenanigans during this whole pandemic. My new hair dye should arrive today, so I’ll be purple again in several hours.

We got my ARS 5040 rack on Friday and today @eaglereptiles asked me how it was going. Basically here is the bloopers of me trying to show it off :joy:

5 Likes

@akmorphs very nice. That’s a rodent rack if I remember correctly isn’t it? You’ll be swimming in rats in no time. I wish I had the space for one.

1 Like

@thebeardedherper I’m pretty sure that’s a snake rack lol.

@akmorphs Hyyyppeeee!!! That’s awesome. Time to fill er up!

2 Likes

Hard to keep track of all the model numbers lol. I just figured since most of the snake racks use more shallow tubs not the deeper ones they like to use for the rodents

1 Like

It’s a snake rack. @thecrawdfather was correct

I actually have a rat rack being built for ASFs that should be ready for pickup in the next couple of weeks.

It’s interesting you mention how deep they are, but I think even freedom breeder has the same depth in tubs for snakes :thinking:

1 Like

That’s cool. I actually like the deeper tubs since I like to use a semi-bioactive substrate and that’s hard to do with shallow tubs. However, for me personally I dont like tubs I cant see through as I like to watch the snakes.

1 Like

Yea, @novisreptiles pointed that out to me when I was building. Next rack I get will have the semi clear. She made the point that when feeding live it’s better to be able to see whats happening, in case something were to go wrong. I hadn’t thought of that, but I definitely will get them next go around.

2 Likes

Now we have all had time to feel the impact of lockdown, what things are you guys missing the most about normal life?

1 Like

i am really missing my friends. We would spend at least a couple of times a month together and hand out. But haven’t been to spend a single day with them since this whole thing started. :anguished:

3 Likes

I know how you feel. My best friend gave birth a few days before it kicked in so I’ve only been able to have one cuddle :expressionless: we have dropped presents and stuff off for them a few times and got to peek through the window at her but its just not the same.

There is talk of us being able to create social bubbles of a few households sometime soon so :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

My sisters kids are staying with us right now since she had to go have an emergency surgery on her shoulder. We decided that it was better for them to stay here than have their father drop off and pick up over and over since he is still working and they’re too young to leave at home alone all day. We’re happy to see them for the first time since February, but my sis had to have her procedure done in the main covid response hospital here. She should get to come home today though. Then it’s a couple weeks of quarantine and they can go home.

2 Likes

So I guess we can expect some more additions?!

Well you and I discussed it a little but I miss going to the gun range. I was actually in a good amount of shooting competitions and did really well, but all in all I miss my friends and just being able to go out where and when I want without having to worry about anything like this whole virus but in the meantime I have been riding my dirt bike alot and just hitting some of the trails that have reopened.

1 Like

something I made today, another copper tree wire

Different angles

9 Likes