Last one of year

I have had a great leopard season. I never mass produce common species though. I have been terrible at posting pics but have loved raising them for their new owners.
This one has a wonderful home to go to also. Mack Snow Black night

20 Likes

Such an awesome pic as always

1 Like

Last one?! Noooooo.
I’m not looking forward to my ‘last one’. Then again I think a few females have laid again so will be a while for me… I’ll still be hatching them at Christmas! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I still have an iguana egg cooking. They take a long time. Out of 10 eggs i put to cook only 1 fertile

2 Likes

I love the black night leopard geckos! Dude looks like he was born hungry lol. Top notch photo as always!

1 Like

Do you have a full body picture? I’m curious what they look like since I might try to produce them in a year or two.

2 Likes

They do vary but here’s some from last season

8 Likes

Those look great, I might have to start looking around for something to pair with my super snow eclipse black night. :thinking:

1 Like

another eclipse would be a good shout
or another BN eclipse

3 Likes

I got two super snow eclipse black nights at the same time (half-sibling pair). I might pair the male to an eclipse albino snow black night (if I can find one, if not I produce one) since he’s ph albino and het albino would help for future plans if he doesn’t prove out. Or maybe just a good eclipse like you said. I have plenty of time to decide.

1 Like

I never use ss for breeding i only do mack x mack. I just dont like how runty some can get. Small sized, odd eyes and a thin snout look like aliens

1 Like

get some pictures up of them

2 Likes

I might have to do some research on supers having negative effects, I didn’t think there were any morphs that had that effect.
I have some pictures of them here. I can get some more tomorrow.

Edit: I’ve found about 5 websites that say different things (deformed head, equilibrium problems, feeding problems, rolling, and overall smaller). I think it could be because of inbreeding and I might try pairing my super snow to a mack snow to raise a mack snow and super snow side-by side to see what happens.

2 Likes

no even unrelated ss crossing will produce small runty ss. Just cross SS out to a non mack

3 Likes

There are similar issues in many geckos and snakes. Like you said it is just a good practice not to do a super x super

3 Likes

White and yellow and enigma with the poor lemon frosts all have issues. It’s a shame people still work with them

2 Likes