Lavender in Cresties

I agree, doesn’t look lavender.

Here is my new lavender

1 Like

Uploading: AFCCC5DE-0FE6-4F53-9BBA-502636A9A447.jpeg…

Heres some of mine now too. The male was quite a bit smaller there :smile:
I also have hypos here too :blush:

3 Likes

How do you know they are hypo?

1 Like

So much lavender

1 Like

I am curious too, please tell us @ghoulishcresties :blush:

1 Like

Akira produced the lav as did Haise.
And you can tell with her fired down/up too, pumpkin is the same also (but can’t be bred).

Akiras other son is the same colouration down/up so is pos hypo too.

She’s proven now also as it’s not something at first I’d paid much attention too but just thought her colouration was pretty, but with more research and help I’ve found I can tell more now and I can see she’s hypo (and obviously she helped proved that lol) :blush:

1 Like

So is it that hypos don’t change colour much when fired up & down as well as lighter in colour due to the pigmentation?

Would my lavender be hypo? I believe she came from a hypo lavender to a non hypo dark base quad, but I’m still wrapping my head around hypo genetics.

Or would it be easier to tell with age (she’s only 15g) & breeding/proving out?

1 Like

Lav is hypo anyway, So she’s a lav. You don’t get hypo based lav as they’re already hypo so you just call them lavenders.
Hypo is usually red, yellow and dark based they then obviously produce others and depending on what hypo- lavs, blues, pinks etc also.

They do change colour still. Obviously Akira is my red extreme tri,
Haise is an extreme so I’m hoping he proves our again with Apache this year. :blush:

2 Likes

I think I get it now.

So Rainbow Drop, my soft scale male, may be a hypo. But will have to wait and see when he produces offspring (in the future)

Thanks

1 Like

Possibility yes, he fires down lav doesn’t he?
My Dolly does too, she’s going to another tri this year when he’s ready so will see there too.
Haises minimal base he has fires down a greyish, and Akira is like a lav/pink, Also Pumpkins :blush:

2 Likes

Yeah, he goes lav ISH colour when unfired.

I’m hoping to put him with my lav in a few years time to see the ratio.

So exciting :relaxed:

1 Like

Here’s my male now. :grin:

3 Likes

This is my female lavender. She barely fires up and down as you will see in the photos. I was curious what morph would be good to breed her with to get nice colored offspring. Would i be able to get more lavender babies? Thanks

3 Likes