Let’s see some Inverts

8 Likes

What is that cutie?

1 Like

What charming buthid scorp is this guy or girl? Not sure why but I’m getting a bit of maybe…bark scorp vibes perhaps :thinking:.

3 Likes

She’s a Centruroides sculpturatus, or an Arizona Bark Scorpion, and I believe she’s gravid, she’s not been eating much lately so I think she’s getting close …

3 Likes

10 Likes

I was leaning toward arizona bark. It definitely gave buthid vibes but the tail wasn’t or at least didnt seem as chubby as some of the other genera of buthids ie the fat tails and such.

Not sure if the Arizona bark scorp still holds the title of most venomous scorp of North America or not.

2 Likes

13 Likes

10 Likes

@wrai Loving the rusty orange vibes! Beautiful T you got there.

2 Likes

Thanks @lumpy!

2 Likes

Our Devils Flower Mantis. My wife has a real name for him but I call him General Greivous

13 Likes

@arice88 That is awesome man! Mantis are one of my next projects, those are a great species too.

3 Likes

WOW! Mantis weren’t even on my radar really. But they are now!!

3 Likes

That think looks sick! I love it :heart:

1 Like

My first highly venomous species (and first centipede). S. dehaani, Vietnamese Giant Centipede. For anyone reading this considering this species as their first centipede, get a S. polymorpha (Tiger Centipede) instead. These are known to be fast and unpredictable and their bite can rarely be lethal.

6 Likes

Nice choice @erie-herps
Always loved the look at these guys! Definitely not a beginner species though, hope you enjoy him.

2 Likes

It was really more of an impulse buy but I’ve done a little research before. Now it’s in a temporary enclosure, I’m going to move it into a larger tank next week.

1 Like

Definitely keep updated post of this one. Would love to keep one eventually but want to see others experiences first.

2 Likes

It’s mostly full grown (likely WC) but I might try to get a CB baby and keep track of growth. If you want a centipede then you should not start with this one or most Asian-native species (since they are faster and more venomous). I couldn’t remember if the S. Dehaani were the ones that you did or didn’t want as a beginner and since there were a few vendors that had them and none said the care was difficult I didn’t think it was a big deal. Just because a species is easy to find doesn’t mean it’s a good species to keep.

1 Like

I knew they were venomous but didn’t know that they were possibly lethal level venomous. I thought they had middle level venom that would just cause one to be on a rocky road for awhile.

3 Likes