Let’s see some Inverts

No they’re really intense insects :grimacing:

1 Like

There are a lot of reported deaths from this species but the only undeniable one that was proven to be from the venom was a 7-year-old. If I were to be bit it would likely hospitalize me, which is why I put it in a double enclosure and keeping a catch cup nearby in case it escapes.

2 Likes

The previous post makes them sound like they’re nearly impossible to keep, there are people who say they aren’t hugely dangerous and make ok beginner centipedes. Since they’re likely the most common centipede in the hobby you’re going to get a lot of different opinions. But either way they aren’t the best beginner centipede and their venom is no joke.

1 Like

I’d say so. Except they aren’t insects. Centipedes and millipedes are in an arthropod group separate from the insects and arachnids called Myriapoda. Its a sub-phylum of the invert phylum Arthropoda which also includes insects (class Insecta) arachnids (class Arachnida) and crustaceans etc. Within the Myriapoda sub phylum of Arthropoda centipedes are in the class Chilopoda while millipedes are in class Diplopoda.

5 Likes

13 Likes

@erie-herps and @beast-blade-wolf_987

My post above is a wonderful example of why not to text at work two mins before your shot goes live. Wait…you don’t know I work for the Mets. So know you know.

1 Like

Is that a GBB? i think im seeing it correctly lol

3 Likes

Ephebopus cyanognathus, Blue Fang Tarantula. The colors on these are incredible, and this is just a sling.

5 Likes

i just looked them up… and they are BEAUTIFUL. thats the first time ive ever heard of that species. 100% going on my wishlist.

4 Likes

Check out Ephebopus rufescens, the Red Skeleton Tarantula, also. I’d show you mine but it doesn’t come out much at it’s current size. Definitely a couple of my favorites.

3 Likes

Im taking notes :joy: such beautiful spiders. My bucket list keeps getting longer and longer

3 Likes

Whats on your spider bucketlist so far?

1 Like

golden silk orb weaver, black widow, all sorts of jumping spiders (basically i want them all :joy:), ivory ornamental tarantula, mexican flame knee tarantula, sun tiger tarantula, ect. Those are the tipity ones on my list, in theory i’d like to own all the spiders if i could

5 Likes

5 Likes

just brought this beauty home today! so simple, but also such a beautiful species. one of my favorites.

9 Likes

7 Likes

9 Likes

Dang, that lighting though. :thinking: yup. I’m a have to step my little guys game up

5 Likes

6 Likes

One week since pairing

7 Likes