Let’s see those Retics!

Now that the reply restriction is gone, this is Ifrit, my orange spaghetti stealer! He’s a very fiery dude. Very bold, but a sweetheart outside. I recently brought him with me into the kitchen while I was prepping my bowl of spaghetti, and he decided that he wanted to be noodle king I tend to call him. He got his wish and I had half of the spaghetti I started with lmao!

6 Likes

Last up is my timid, but sweet guy Nozdormu! I often call him Banana tube dude because of his colors <3

8 Likes

Mochino anthrax?

1 Like

These are my lovely pair. The Anthrax is Zarathos or Zara for short.
The purple goldenchild is Mephistopheles or Mephisto for short.

5 Likes

I love the anthrax gene. I can’t wait for it to get into more projects.

Do you plan to get any more Retics? If so what morphs are you interested in?

1 Like

I’m shooting for breeding up some Purple Anthrax. But aside from that, I also love super phantoms (though in my personal opinion I don’t support breedings with morphs that wobble. But I’ll let it slide for a super phantom I just won’t breed it or pay full price for one)
Pied, mochino, rennick ghost, motley goldenchilds, marble. I also want to get into the snow project so I’m down for picking up anery het white albino, and a white albino het anery

2 Likes

I also want to one day own Ocelot/Rainbow, and want to find out what a rennick ghost pied would look like. But these are bucket list

1 Like

@trouble

Retics are insanely cool. Maybe one day for me. I love anthrax and golden child. But just a big 18 foot female tiger is a dream snake.

1 Like

I love the look at these guys, it’s so unique compared to any other retic morph

1 Like

Absolutely, and they are trying to breed these morphs in dwarf localities so it may one day be more feasible. I know a 18ft snake is a monster to handle and work with. And don’t get me started on the poop. It’s the size of a large breed dog taking a dump

2 Likes

I will definitely start will a SD/D for sure when I get my first retic. Probably the largest I would feel comfortable working with is a 12-14’ retic, but still that is only for ones that I raised from babies and are easy to work with.

1 Like

And they drink so much, the amount of liquid is insane out the other end.

2 Likes

Absolutely. As stated in other forums on here, I am a 5’1 girl. Working with giants has a ton of risks. 11ft is my current limit, and I’m gonna have to get back into weight lifting before mine get that size and I will need 2 other people to help once they grow bigger than that.

The best advice I can give you, know your limits, build a safe routine, maybe target train them(yes this is possible and I’ve seen it done), but also accept the risk that your favorite pet, could also be the reason you kick the bucket.

I’m definitely not putting you off. These are amazing snakes for the right people.
But definitely accept the risk and try to find a place where you can work with an adult before you bring a hatchling home.

3 Likes

OH MY GOD YES. Mephisto has a habit of doing it outside thankfully. But growing up, he developed a habit of doing it on my bed without any warning. It was like a small child had an accident and cleaning that up was a NIGHTMARE.

He’d slither from his box, up to my bed, lay on my lap and pop a squat and once he was finished, go back into his enclosure.

1 Like

Mochino Anthrax Tiger :blush:

1 Like

I’m trying to do this but in Florida it is a little bit hard to find a retic

This is what I believe to be a Phantom Supersun Tiger 100% Het Anthrax

One of the coolest snakes in my collection and was a HUGE hit on my IG is this Mochino Sunfire Anthrax Poss het Genetic Stripe. Produced by my good buddy Travis Warren.

8 Likes

That is one of the most incredible retics I have ever seen! Do you have any updated pictures of her?

1 Like

Thats the most up to date one and only a few weeks old.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! She is really something. I can’t wait to see her as an adult.

1 Like