Let’s see those Retics!

This gorgeous snake is a perfect example of why I impulse buy! So how big will Acnologia get? I’ve never had a retic but I’m definitely reconsidering!!!

2 Likes

@david-goad

Beautiful sunfire David. Makes me miss the female i use to have.

4 Likes

I perpher the purple phase albino. This is SpongeBob, my purple I used to have.
Unfortunately, he passed away years ago after having two tumors. The first one was one pound when I had it removed. He was doing better at first, then went down hill fast when the tumor came back.

These are two very old pictures of me with Jim Gaspar’s retics. Jim was a very good friend, and I miss talking to him. RIP Jim.

8 Likes

Wow, how big was that last one? Seems massive!

6 Likes

She was close to 20 feet long and over 200 lbs.

6 Likes

There is somthing about that sunfire gene mixed with any other morph juss make everything pop she is my 2nd one had a Sun Platty years ago I wish I would have held on to her

3 Likes

You could always get a super dwarf retic! They are just a mainland in a 5-8 foot package. I probably would have one but they are pretty expensive and I don’t have the money for one but if I did I would get one in a heartbeat

5 Likes

Like the idea, but I can’t find a pure Kalatoa/Madu/Karompa anywhere for a reasonable amount. Don’t think I have the space for a mix, I’m not sure I’d want to keep a snake much more than about 6’ in my 4’ cage. I don’t suppose you’ve seen a pure locality SD anywhere. I haven’t found one on the main site, and I’ve looked through all 215 of them. All seem to be about half mainland, the ones which aren’t are super expensive. My dream setup is an 8’ x 4’ x 4’ semi-naturalistic cage for an OGS mainland retic, but I don’t foresee that happening anytime soon.

3 Likes

Here are some old pictures of Tigger my female tiger retic I had. The eye picture is one of my favorite pics. I use it for a background pic on my phone.

6 Likes

reach out out reptiles has a pure kalatoa male for sale on MorphMarket. There isn’t a set price though so I have no clue how much it would cost you

3 Likes

A sd retic would fit in there my friends 2 yr old 100% kalatoa is smaller than a yearling ball python

2 Likes

50% SD ultra ivory female

Mainland: male ultra ivory

4 Likes

I love Mazikeen!!! Beautiful

3 Likes

This is my gal Riverrun. A 2014 poss het purple, and honestly one of the most amazing snakes I’ve had the pleasure of owning. I had to temporarily home her for a few years, but recently got her back, and she’s still as sweet and easy going a snake as ever. She may even be even more aggreeable. :rofl: As a 5’2” person I have had absolutely zero issues moving her between holding tub and cage on my own, she doesn’t fight at all. A little protestation, but no big hissy fits like I’ve seen some do on YT.

Her current size is as of yet unverified, but she’s somewhere 16’-18’, and I need to weigh her too. I wanna say she’s 80 lbs, but could be heavier or lighter. I need to get a scale with batteries that aren’t dead. :laughing:

A crappy cell phone pic for a most recent shot of her. She’s a big girl for sure.

Here’s from close to the time I rehomed her, estimated 11’-11.5’ and 12-13 lbs, in a 51 qt tub. She would not fit in this thing whatsoever today (and yes I still have it lmao).

Less than 3 months later in the same tub, getting closer to 12’, and might have been 35-40 lbs at that point. I had a sizing error from Rodent Pro during this time and she was getting 5-6 lb chickens instead of her usual 2-3, and they were insanely large meals. Even spacing out 70 days she grew like 3’ and more than doubled her weight over a year’s time. So this is growth on one meal.

A couple baby pics, one from the day I got her, and one after about a month of having her. I had to choose between her and a sunfire, and she was an easy pick. Such a gorgeous snake. She was being very maintenance fed; a single fuzzy mouse every 2 weeks. She was 6 months old in the pic on my hand. :scream: I very quickly got her onto weaned rats and then smalls instead once I realized what she could take, but maintained her 2 week schedule for about a year before putting her on weekly and then back out to 2-4 weeks as she grew.

IMG_1111

Glow up after a meal. Not sure if the date online is wrong, or I didn’t record this feeding, so not sure if a colossal rat or a 4 lb chicken. Either way, a gorgeous fired up state and one of my favorite pics. :grin:

These were definitely when she was 12’ and 40 lbs, some of the last photos I took of her before she left.

7 Likes

She’s beautiful! :heart_eyes: That’s so great that you were able to get her back, I can only imagine how good it must feel to have her back with you. Love that iridescence.

6 Likes

Oh yeah it’s great. :grin: And yes, a very sleek, shiny snake. Haha

5 Likes

The classic retic is just sometimes the most beautiful :smiling_face:

3 Likes

5 Likes

super dwarf klawu platinum het anery ph albino blue
hypo

7 Likes

It’s been awhile since I took these photos but I never posted them here! Here’s my big girl outside. I estimate her to be 16’, I’m 5’2” for reference. Takes an 8 lb rabbit with almost no bulge.

6 Likes