Let's get those Amphibians on display!

Hello everyone! I noticed we have a few of these for a few categories but not for amphibians so…! Feel free to share your photos and talk about whatever amphibians you keep!

5 Likes

10 Likes

11 Likes

My Gray Tree Frogs :green_heart::frog:

11 Likes

And my toads :green_heart::frog:

12 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

Haha, I like how he’s got the moss on top of his head, that’s a great picture.

4 Likes

Ribbit!

13 Likes

How are they are doing by the way?

3 Likes

I got my first dart frogs today. Dendrobates tinctorius azureus, also known as dyeing blue dart frogs. I bought 3 juveniles and I’ll keep a 1.1 pair (I think I got 2.1). They’re about an inch long, so about half of adult size. I added pictures of the temporary enclosure, frogs, and the new enclosure (I’ll add 2 frogs once the plants are established). I have almost 20 kinds of plants since a vendor at the expo had them priced $20 for 20 plants. I did see a spider and snail in there (after I finished planting) so hopefully they don’t infest.

6 Likes

You can keep a trio if 1 female, you just don’t want multiple females together.
Is that a 45x45x60? And Is lid mesh? If so would 100% get glass cut for the back Atleast to keep humidity up. And add lots more branches etc. You’ll be surprised by how much they actually like to climb! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It is a 45x45x60 (18x18x24). I put a glass top on the tall tank and 2 acrylic panels on the aquarium screen (which covered all except a cm uncovered part in the back). I was planning on adding branches except I need to buy more (once I get them I’ll add them).

2 Likes

Ideal!
Loved when we had our Azureus! Very bold frogs, always at the front wanting food :joy:

2 Likes

I gave them a lot of cover so they should be out more (the more cover they have the more they’re out).

2 Likes

The more they settle in they’ll be out a lot, one of the best frogs for being out and about! We used to have these hut like hides in the vivs, still have some I think, but I don’t think Reece has put them in since the big upgrade!
They’re awesome though, love the fact they’re bigger too, and the babies are adorable!
Our darts are smaller, I personally prefer bigger ones; Tumucumaque are the ones I’d love eventually :grin:
Any day geckos going to be added? :wink:

3 Likes

Likely not day geckos unless there are some that can survive at room temperature/low heat. I want to make sure the tank stays stable to avoid problems with the dart frogs. At least until I have enough experience to identify problems. I’ll likely look into mourning geckos since they’re easy and don’t need heated, if I don’t get them I might consider day geckos in the future.

3 Likes

Those D tinctorius azus are among the darts I hope to keep one day. Beautiful lil kermits. I like dart frogs.

3 Likes

11 Likes

6 Likes