Let's see those eyes!

The eyes of reptiles are one of my favorite part about how they look no matter what species. Let’s see some pics of your animals eyes!

6 Likes

This picture is the pic I was sent when asking to see a pic of my Mystic female. That eye. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

18 Likes

19 Likes

Beautiful snakes! Not going to reply to everyone individually since I only get like 10 replies a day. Keep it up tho guy love seeing those cute lil faces

I just sent this girl to her new home, but I always loved her eyes. I found them very striking. :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Peanut, my butter spinner male. He’s always got the derp face :joy:

Almond, my super mystic — I’ve always loved how bright his eyes are!

My hognose girl Mocha. Hopefully the tail isn’t enough to warrant a flag, but… her eyes are always so full of personality.

And my girl Ava, a pastel het vpi axanthic. Her scale color around the top of her eyes makes her look like she’s in a perpetual state of displeasure :joy:

12 Likes

i love all the pics but the last one is the best. she looks mad or like she is thinking about something rather hard

Is it just the angle or does she have a short nose and big eyes? Either way adorable snake! :snake:

2 Likes

Love almond her eyes are gorgous!!! Are we not allowed to post pictures of feeding snakes? Seems a little silly if your on a ball python forum ya know they gotta eat :man_shrugging:, ava looks like she trying to solve an extremely difficult math problem :rofl::snake:

It is a reptile forum in general. But it is to keep us for being portrayed in any sort of negative light. The feeding pictures could be used by “animal advocates” to say we are mercilessly killing poor poor rodents. :roll_eyes:🤷

4 Likes

@nathan_e
Pretty much :joy: she’s a pretty well-mannered noodle though, thankfully. One of my more shy individuals, except when it comes to food. She’s tried to charge me a few times :joy::joy:

@jamesh6621
When I first pulled Almond out of the bag when I had got him, the first thing I noticed was his eyes. Such a gorgeous boy. He’s a pretty chill snake too.
And as mentioned, yes it’s against the community guidelines to post animals eating other animals, because people can try and use those images against the hobby. As dumb as it sounds, people can and would do that just for clout.

2 Likes

9 Likes

9 Likes

6 Likes

My Dumerils Boa pair. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Now that’s a sick looking eye :scream:

1 Like

22 Likes

Just the angle! Her nose isn’t any shorter than how anybody else’s looks. Her eyes also just appear bigger because of the light pigmentation around the top and bottom. Classic makeup trick :wink:

Thank you, though! She was fun to watch grow.

1 Like

Wow, Thomas! Those eyes on that first one are not the color I’d expect for its morph (what is it by the way?) They almost look blue at that angle! Stunning :purple_heart:

1 Like