Looking for a lil help or advice on Banana

Females are harder to come by as with bananas you need a female maker. Or you’ve only got about 5% to get a female.
The breeder by me luckily hatched out a few females other the many years of breeding from his male. Not a female maker just lucky!
Have a look on YouTube, there’s videos to explain it to you!
No idea what my boy is. But if I were to ever pair him it would be to another banana anyway.

2 Likes

Crested geckos don’t have hets. Well they didn’t until Axanthics. That’s the only het now.

Yup… never got deep into the morph, just making Harley Queen geckos, happened by accident, but then I hatched every egg, she has had, about 2 eggs a months she lays. I have 3 adults 2 eggs and 2 fresh baby’s, only lost 3 over a year, my local pet shop buys them off me…

Bananas are one of my favorite morphs. The colors, the fact that most develop the cool contrasting black spots unless there are specific other morphs in play, I personally love it all. I’m very prejudiced, but have you looked at a banana genetic stripe before?

5 Likes

I love that head stamp

1 Like

Can we please stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks please.

7 Likes

On the question of size, females tend to be bigger than males but is not always the case. You may have smaller females and bigger males. For the most part females get bigger.

Now for your purchase I would look at the adult pics of the ball pythons you are looking at. They do not stay babies for long and most will change appearance slightly as adults. I am personally fond of the banana enchi due to it being the first BP I purchased. I did see someone comment on the bananas freckling/spotting. That is a preference thing with the freckling. If you mix the right genes you can possibly have no freckles or lots of freckles. I personally like both.

1 Like

is this yours? no i have not look at these, they are nice,

No i have not look at adults, only on YouTube, and these guys live up 25+years long commitment , last night i took my list down to 7, and those Banana Enchi morph in the list for $500 i really like them, they are pretty as heck…

1 Like

I honestly would order from Dynasty Reptiles because of their free shipping on ball pythons, and their reputation for great quality stock. Most of their ball pythons have multiple genes in them.

1 Like

Females get larger than males length and width female can get 6ft max it rare but they will stay on average 5 ft I think banana pied is one of the prettiest

Good to know, thanks, those 500$ balls are looking :ok_hand::fire:
Banana Enchi.
Are calling my name…

1 Like

how come they do not post up much info on there snakes? like some of these other guys do?

as larger scale breeders, they might not have extensive history on every single animal they produce and sell. Although if you had interest in a specific animal, you may be able to reach out to them to see if they have any additional information they can give you

5 Likes

This right here is a perfect answer :arrow_heading_up:

1 Like

I did the search myself on here just to see what you see, my best suggestion is when you find a BP you like, make sure you do some research into the other morphs it has. Spider for example causes a neurological wobble of varying degrees depending on the individual. I have a spider and you cant see it unless she gets stressed or excited for food and usually needs a couple tries to grab the feeder. People raise these snakes successfully but there is a possibility that the wobble will get worse as they age, or you may interact with a seller who doesn’t fully disclose the severity of the existing wobble. If you want to find a list of genes that can carry neurological/physical issues visit World of ball pythons, it has a list of all the genes with recognized issues, best of luck!

3 Likes

We also have a list like that here: Morph Issues.

2 Likes

cool , I will go check this out, what’s a wobble mean? in snake game?

I hope the ones i am looking at do not have long term problems, Cause i do plan on keeping her for the lifespan, 25+ years commitment

OK, I just check out the list , Cool I do not see what i want to buy on that list, so is that a good sign?

Yes, there could be a rare animal that shows issues but if it’s not on that list it’s likely not going to have a morph-related problem.

1 Like