Looking for some opinions

Yep. Top Three in the last two pics are champagne . The bottom, left and right are HRAs and a Norm. The middle one is the one I can’t figure out.

@cn_wrngsdreptls I have an hra yellowbelly pastel if you would like to see a picture. And I would say the center snake is pastel hra and the bottom right is hra. 3 champagnes and 2 normals.

1 Like

@saleengrinch thanks a ton! I’ve never really dove deep into HRA just because I wasn’t expecting a clutch then. And really didn’t think 2 genes would be difficult to figure out. There weren’t a lot Yb, HRA, pastels to go off. And With the little head fade and zigged eyeline weren’t screaming HRA pastel. Also the belly looking yb but neither parent having YB or Pastel, I’d hate to miss identify (though with all my Fuss I’ve been making, I’ve definitely grown to love the look of this one so I gotta keep it) Also I was thinking that the bottom left was norm and the right and center were HRA but again, very little HRA experience. Honestly I’m very grateful for your time. If just pastel can do that to HRA I’m going to be working a new project rack into the mix.

2 Likes

I work quite a bit with champagne and the gargoyle complex. So I’m pretty confident in my identifications. Here’s my male

5 Likes

Yeah that guy is awesome. He even has the mask from scream on his side there! Hope he has a Jason mask on the side we can’t see! And trust me I’ll listen to the experts on this one. Love that something as random as this can flip interests in this hobby. Once again awesome you could take the time for me. Is there a way I can look into some of your Gargoyle stuff. I’d love to see that.

3 Likes

No problem!!! Always happy to help any way I can! Hra can make some real nice combos! I currently work Huffman and green pastel(A line of hra) also cinny, black pastel, and enchi. All of these are on the same locus and therefore are all allelic. Love is in the air! Has a lot of pictures of some of my gargoyle stuff.

4 Likes

Nice. I’m going to check that out. I’m a huge fan of cinnamon. Amazing what that gene can do. Black pastel… that ones a must as well simply in my opinion mixing with albino. Beautiful animals. Noticed chocolate and albino look a lot like BP and albino. Does that gene run in the same circle with BP?

2 Likes

Oh, man. Those either will be some amazing clutches or already were. Awesome looking pairings!

1 Like

Chocolate is a incomplete dominant gene. It is not allelic with the gargoyle complex. It has been proven allelic with spotnose. I suspect it is allelic with sable as well. Albino is a recessive gene. Black pastel to champagne pairings can make snakes that look pied as well. Huffman and Hra can as well with champagne. Some of my favorite snakes I’ve hatched have come from champagne x gargoyle complex pairings.

6 Likes

Thank you I really appreciate that! Those are all this seasons pairings! And I couldn’t resist a chance to post a picture of one of the nicest snakes I ever produced!:wink:

2 Likes

I’d post that one too. Feel free to post it a couple more times whenever… if it’s looks ever get to overwhelming for you. Just ask for my address I’d be more then willing to relieve you of that burden… for no charge whatsoever… :wink:

4 Likes

Fair enough!!! I’ll keep that in mind lol. here is a picture of the whole clutch!

5 Likes

Wow. That’s an impressive clutch! I’d sit on those just to watch them grow, but then I’ve bought snakes just because watching them grow seems nearly as rewarding to me as the breeding. That would be an exciting one.

3 Likes

These guys are from a couple years back. I still have the one female that I posted the picture of. I wish I could keep them all!

1 Like

Smart words spoken for sure.
That’s why I only buy hatchling snakes, watching them grow is the most rewarding part of keeping I think.

3 Likes

When you get to the point were the majority of your collection is snakes you hatched out… That’s an amazing feeling!!!

3 Likes

Not there yet. But I definitely understand the desire for that. This hobby started with a nine year old girls interest and has led to raising these snakes making them the most well spent time of my day. Something just feels right when I start them under 100g. Maybe it’s in my head, but I know what each one of these animals is like. How they act and what to expect. Personally I do believe they start to trust, because every one I own from the start I move around, clean change water all while they are just chowin down and they could care less. The adults I acquire are usually a bit sketchy at first. Could be the fact that I only feed my hatchlings live once then 95% shift right into F/T the second meal… maybe they just don’t have the hunt In them from the start. Sorry went off topic there a bit.

2 Likes

I definitely agree your better of getting your stock as hatchlings. It’s a longer process but one I feel is better. It also gives you time to perfect your trade if you will. You will have more experience with hatchlings which is a huge plus if you plan to get into breeding. And your correct you get to learn each snakes personality and preferences as they grow and mature. Best of luck!!!

2 Likes

Thank you sir! For all your help. Always enjoy reading your thoughts.

2 Likes

You are more than welcome. Always happy to help anyone anyway I can! I could talk about snakes all day everyday lol!

2 Likes