Looking super nice and green!

So, I am getting ready to move Sherbet into her new enclosure. I have had success with moving boas into their adult enclosures if I give them enough coverage and they are consistent/confident eaters. Additionally to reduce their potential stress, I also keep the lights off and only use room lights during this time. So here is a quick shot of all the enclosures stacked lol :joy:.

26 Likes

It is very green the subject title didn’t lie :green_heart::white_check_mark::snake:

7 Likes

Those look great, I really like those enclosures

5 Likes

These set ups are gorgeous! Where did they come from if you don’t mind my asking………?

4 Likes

The enclosures are T8s (4x2x1) from animal plastics. The plastic plastics are made by Bloom. I get mine from Joann Fabrics or Hobby Lobby, just make sure that the ones you pick don’t have glitter. I haven’t had any issues with color running. I sterilize them by keeping them submerged in super hot tap water for several minutes and then using a Dawn dish soap mixture, and rinse and let dry before using them again.

7 Likes

Ok thank you! They look like enclosures one would see in a fancy reptile exhibit in a zoo! Beautiful job! I am “green” with envy! Lol

:wink::blush::lizard::frog::snake:

6 Likes

Looks comfy, lucky boas! I need to up my game, looks pretty sterile over here

8 Likes

Nice looking enclosures @lumpy :+1:
I’m sure Sherbet will adjust quickly.
Hope to see photos when she’s settled in.

6 Likes

Thank you! I will be sure to post some pictures later when I get home.

6 Likes

Those are gorgeous, Riley! Very fortunate boas to have such luxurious digs!

5 Likes

14 Likes

“I want some of the photo shoot too!” Lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

15 Likes

Looks really good. If you haven’t, you should do a YouTube video on the process.

8 Likes

Sherberts colors are absolutely unreal!

4 Likes

What beautiful happy boas! Thank you for sharing

:lizard::frog::snake::blush:

4 Likes

Looks great dude! Always love seeing your boas. I have my main Colombian in a 4x2x2 as he will be my largest by far (even over my female Sonorans) but got Ecoflex over AP cages just for slight reduced cost and, moreso, shipping time. Next time I need an extra large enclosure AP or Reptile Habitats that Dubia carries now seems good for very inexpensive.

If you want another way to disinfect the fake plants faster (or anything else) diluted chlorhexidine is amazing and non toxic. I spray my whole house with it lol.

6 Likes

Looks amazing, Riley! I know they’re going to be very happy serpents.

4 Likes

Looks really nice (and green) :grinning:

4 Likes

@lumpy what substrate do you use for your boas? Also what size enclosure do you use?

4 Likes

I see you @baby_yoda :wink:. Right now I use Reptichip for substrate. And for cages right now, the plan is to keep everybody in T8s ( 4x2x1 ) from Animal Plastics besides for larger females. I like to be able to see everybody, but maybe as I get larger, my breeding males might go into equivalent size rack systems, but I doubt this highly due to my preference. Kai is in a T10 though ( 4’x2’x15” ) because I bought it thinking that I was going to only have one snake for a while lol :joy:. Due to Kai being a pet only, I might end up buying him a 6 foot and putting Leaky in his current as they’ll be out in my living room when I am older.

4 Likes