Looking super nice and green!

Hey, I’m not saying that I’m definitely getting a boa soon lol. I’m just very strongly considering it. :rofl: I do really like the t10 enclosure though so i might see if it would theoretically fit on the bookshelf thing I’m getting soon if i were to get a boa.

Update: it won’t fit on the bookshelf but i found another good place that it could go.

4 Likes

Good, I am a great influence :blush:

5 Likes

Another question: is it fine for a baby boa to be in that big of an enclosure as long as there is enough coverage and stuff in it. Again, this is all hypothetical as i do not plan to get a boa soon (maybe) just curious. :wink:

5 Likes

It can be, I have gone this route after making sure that I have always had the option to put them in something smaller if they need to be so that they continue to eat. Boas tend to just keep eating lol :joy:. Just so you know, they will hide a lot until they get bigger. Also during quarantine, they’re in a small tupperware on paper towel for substrate with a water bowl and two hides. You can put fake plants, but I tend to not to for Q.

7 Likes

Ok. Thank you for all your help! Sorry for asking so many questions lol :heart:

4 Likes

Lol :joy:, don’t be sorry for ever asking questions. It is the only way we learn. We have to be constantly gaining more knowledge, the only time that we aren’t constantly improving is when we’re dead.

3 Likes

It really goes to show how breeding setups don’t have to just be barren racks. This truly is an excellent example of boa breeding done right.

7 Likes

Thank you :relaxed:

4 Likes

What are the dimensions of the pvc’s your using?

2 Likes

Top two are 4 x 2 x 1s and the bottom lost one is 4 x 2 x 15”. The T8s and the one T10 from AP.

4 Likes

How easy or difficult do you feel cleaning those 1ft tall enclosures are? I’m very hesitant to buy one because i am afraid of the challenge it would be to get in there and do any thorough maintenance. (Also it doesn’t seem super bioactive friendly, idk what do you think?)

3 Likes

Personally, I enjoy them. It largely depends on how large your decour is but I think they’re easy to clean. I do not plan to have one of the things on the floor with my stacks in my future snake room so being able to get in there would be easier as I’d be able to be on my knees. Personally, I don’t think I would do bioactive in a 1 foot, I would say, probably a 2 foot would work best due to the lights and the depth of soil you would need.

6 Likes

Absolutely totally accurate! IMHO happier animals are bound to be healthier animals, and adults who have nicer living quarters should have better success at breeding and being in good health during the process. The key is what’s in their enclosures, as well as how often they get out of the enclosure for interaction (depending upon the species, of course).

4 Likes

IMHO knowing breeders and seeing multiple high dollar operations i will say there are many ways to do this hobby"right". I know many setups that have no plants or items to climb on and those snakes have thrived for over 20 years so how do we judge a snakes happiness? Im not trying to take away from this thread as Rileys enclosures are amazing but having over 20 full grown BC at over 50 pounds something like this isnt practical but it doesn’t mean that breeder doesnt do it right or take away from the snakes happiness. But it would be awesome to see every enclosure as meticulous as these👍

6 Likes

I hundred percent agree with this. As my boas grow, I will taking things out of their enclosures to give them more room. I use a lot of decorative items so that I can put a baby in an adult sized enclosure.

6 Likes

Ypu really have a great eye Riley. The way you setup these enclosures is artwork my friend.

4 Likes

That is one thing I can say, I have never had an issue with a Boa Imperators eating. I have had issues with Hognoses, Balls, Rat snakes, and a few other popular “first” snakes eating but never a boa unless there was something wrong.

2 Likes

Really? Never had a problem with my Texas ratsnake eating. He ate perfectly 3 or 4 days after I brought him home and he has only missed one time after I moved him into a bigger enclosure. I did try feeding the next day for some dumb reason so that is on me

2 Likes

I had a texas x gray rat snake that went on strike in the middle of summer. I would have expected it towards the winter months but nope he just went on hunger strick for a month. I switched up where I was getting his rats from when I moved and ran out of my stock. He did not like the ones that came from a local pet shop. Had to contact a friend I was getting his rats from previously and setup a meet. It wasnt until then he ate again.

1 Like

@lumpy how are you heating the T8s? I have a few out in the garage I was going to use for the bulls and I’m going back and forth on how to heat them.

2 Likes