Looking super nice and green!

I use Reptile Basics heat tape. The 21 inch version. I buy 2 foot segments and cut them down to where they cover 1/3 of the bottom. I heat them with VE 300×2 thermostats

3 Likes

@eorr53 that works perfectly for me. My hotspots are 90° and my ambience are 79-ish on the cool side. And it even became better to control it once I started stacking them.

3 Likes

So no issue with the heat transferring through the PVC bottom? I’ve never used heat tape under a PVC cage but I see a lot of folks online saying it doesn’t work. I was skeptical of this information.

3 Likes

As long as you bump up your thermostat so that your infrared thermometer reads the surface temperature as hot enough. It heats just fine. Right now all I do is set my thermostats to 90 and it hits 90 on the inside. And AP makes thicker PVC tanks, not those other cheap thinner guy stuff

3 Likes

Awesome! The bulls will only need the hot spot around 85 so that shouldn’t be a problem. I was considering building my own cages so I could go taller to accommodate overhead heating. I could still build the cages for a lot less than buying them but these will look way nicer and last longer.

We’ll save the building a cage experience (headache) for if I need to upgrade a 7 footer!

3 Likes