’Montana’ the Monitor (Ackie) 🦎

I absolutely adore ackies. How did he make the vivarium? I don’t have the space yet but I hope to eventually get myself an ackie monitor

I would love to have a black throat but their cage is a little bit big for me right now lol. These are a great option though.

1 Like

Silently judging…

7 Likes

They’re lush!
Damn if we had the space i know a Lace Monitor would be here :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:blush:

9 Likes

What a handsome fellow indeed! I had always assumed I could never have a monitor because of their size, but I just discovered the kingorum monitor. :smiley: Them, BTS, and the shield-tailed agama have me convinced that I need to allocate some ‘lizard’ enclosure floorspace in my apartment, just in case. :wink:

6 Likes

Absolutely adorable. I really need to start a second reptile room or just throw out the bed and sleep in the guest room. No more room in the single combined reptile/fish/master bedroom/computer room we got goin on now. Course if I move the desk and toss the bed that’s definitely enough room for at least one ackie. All I need is one chair in the middle to sit in and enjoy it all. Husband would probably throw me out though. :joy:. Or who knows. He might be down with it. He’s always fallen in love with the animals I’ve picked out after the fact. Better to ask forgiveness than permission am I right??? :eyes:

Love this :joy:

And yes you are right!!
And why not say you brought it for him too? :wink:

1 Like

This is basically the story of all the reptiles I’ve picked out on my own. Hahahah. He’ll know the “it’s for you” is an excuse. (Mostly) and end up being one of his best friends :joy:

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

That’s brilliant!!
Omg he can take him for walks and all! Surely that’s a sure thing, just show him baby pics of them 🥲

1 Like

I might be getting some traction on the idea. We went to a small reptile show yesterday and he actually pointed out a baby ackie to me. Course I got excited. He’s like “when we have room”. Then he said “they are cute”. So just have to figure out the room situation :thinking:lol

2 Likes

Today we are bonding…

9 Likes

Every time I look at this thread, I have to repeat,”I don’t need an ackie monitor” in my head over and over again to stop myself from spending money I don’t have.

6 Likes

Amen to that. My “don’t need but want” list is getting bigger every day. :joy:.

4 Likes

Oof, I feel that. At this point, the list is most reptiles. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Some people think he’s a she.
So basically now it’s a waiting game to see is ‘he’ gives us eggs :joy::joy::joy:

Also I say you both need 1. They’re so sweet! Look at the face and say you don’t want that…

5 Likes

I am gonna get one, just not now. Most likely in 2023.

6 Likes

I can’t argue it. Lol. And likely about 2023 too. Husband and I just finished setting up bioactives for our two ball pythons…. We got… let’s see… 2 more fat tails Tater tot and Papa Tot, the leopard geckos….Saturn, Echo, Peaches, Guava, Leon, and Magellan…. 1 gargoyle (Mochi) 3 cresties ( Sumi, Yoshi, and Fudge(nut) …. Into bioactives. That’s 12? A female hognose that’s gonna need a tub upgrade very soon and 2 more riding her coattails. A lot of stuff to work on. Thankfully Sean (husband) has his pvc building down to a science now and he can cut and assemble an enclosure in about a day. Another day for lighting and decoration. And a week for testing. So not too too bad. Then after we finish those it’s Ackie time :joy:

4 Likes

Oh! And we finally bit the bullet and moved our bed out of the old “bedroom/reptile/fish room” so we could make it an animal only room. So there’s room now. Hahahaha.

3 Likes

Sorry rooms a mess. We pulled it apart over the past two days. Some more shuffling/home building/moving the desk and computer out and moving the aquariums I think we’ll definitely have room for an Ackie :thinking:

3 Likes