’Montana’ the Monitor (Ackie) 🦎

All the bio vivs are looking good!!
i love the vivs in second pic, swear we don’t have nice ones like that in the uk haha.
Handmade Exo stand too? Very smart looking.
I think you’ve got some room :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah. Thankfully I got a partner that’s pretty good at the carpentry…. And I’ll be honest about the Viv’s. Been a lot of trial and error as far as the plants. Most of those we’ve redone twice now. (One of em 3 times) before we were happy :joy:. Thank you though! Was definitely worth the work. And the “kids” seem to agree. Which I suppose is the important part :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ghoulishcresties i like how Reece is lingering in the background. :joy: “Don’t drop him!”

@jenfalconer-nidhoggnoses i love the inspiration! :heart_eyes: I like the exoterra shelf. I second the grateful the other half is into carpentry. I just do the sanding. :grimacing:

1 Like

Haha don’t! :joy:
He was actually digging to make sure he’s not laid as he’s been funny about one spot in the viv lol x

3 Likes

Well that was a ride from start to finish. :joy:

3 Likes

Omg that’s even confused me :joy:

2 Likes

My six year old is the same with my ackie, loves him to death. What did you name him/her?

3 Likes

Well ‘he’ is called Monty. But he may be a ‘she’… so it’s a waiting game :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ahhh yeah mine ended up a male but we thought it was a female, so bee turned to bumble lol

3 Likes

Peekaboo.

8 Likes

Don’t worry! You will end up with a fish and reptile room someday, it’s bound to happen!!! Finally got my new to me 210gal freshwater monster tank set up the way I want in the fish room, and my living room is becoming full of 6x2x2 enclosures…

3 Likes

Sounds like my kinda home! :smile:

2 Likes

Somebody has a belly full of eggies again…

5 Likes

Man, I wish I could breed ackies. I’m planning on getting one in the near future, but likely not breeding them. You’re so lucky!

2 Likes

Maybe someday i will breed her as i dont currently have a male for her. I have come to learn females will cycle regardless, with or without a male present.

3 Likes

Oh, so are they infertile eggs?

3 Likes

We’re still wondering if Monty is a she… :joy:

3 Likes

99% of the time they are infertile, but parthogenesis has been documented in Ackies if i remember right, so ya never know.

1 Like

Do ackie partho babies usually survive? I know with many reptiles (who don’t normally reproduce via parthenogenesis), partho babies often don’t live that long, sadly. Just curious if that’s the case for ackies, since I don’t know much about them.

Cool biz. How big of an enclosure will an adult ackie require? I’d love to get one.