Morelia heads, who's all on here?

image|666x500(unknown locality mix)
“Bedelia”

5 Likes

This is “V”

12 Likes

11 Likes

Actually, @girlwithscales I have 17 roughies at the moment! So pumped to get a clutch this year!

14 Likes

Congrats! They are gorgeous.

2 Likes

Zebra female from last year :smiley:
All of these snakes are gorgeous!

8 Likes

Still getting familiar with MM. What a great site for learning and connecting with some true herp keepers. Great collections, thanks for sharing the pics and knowledge.

4 Likes

13 Likes

Hi, I’m a little new to Morelia, but I was wondering if you could feed a chick to an appropriate sized carpet python?

4 Likes

Welcome, ive heard of people feeding various types of birds from chicks to quail…i dont have personal experience but ive heard the stools can be looser??? Hopefully someone with experience chimes in…Happy New year!

3 Likes

Love Morelia!

8 Likes

What type is she I’ve picked up a hatchling as a New Guinea but not sure, mainly keep ball pythons so new to these.

7 Likes

I hope to have some good discussion on here. This is my first real forum experience. I hope it becomes a great group.

4 Likes

This is Chloe my only carpet at the moment!
100% pure costal tiger!!!

10 Likes

just out of my own curiosity what is the difference between a tiger and super tiger carpet python? I have had people call Chloe [above] a super tiger. From what I have gathered the (super) is just a exceptional looking tiger. Is there anything more to that? All I can say is she is the most beautiful one I have seen! Thanks!

1 Like

As far as i am aware, it is just a very good looking tiger. Great looking animal as way. I am not an expert by any means in carpet genetics. if you don’t already start to listen reptile podcasts. Morelia python Radio has almost 10 years of shows to listen to for good info.

4 Likes

This is a hold-over from back in the early days of the morph when it was thought to be a Mendelian trait and if you bred two Tigers together you would get some that were really high expression. Now we know Tiger is polygenetic and the “SuperTiger” is just an exceptional example brought about through selective breeding.

^^^
Excellent advice here

4 Likes

Pure Darwin Albinos

Ka D’argo

Chiana

13 Likes

Wow Deb, these guys are gorgeous.

2 Likes

11 Likes