MorphMarket Auctions!

Auctions are now live on MorphMarket!

For an in-depth walkthrough, please take a moment to go over our Auctions Guide.

Check out our helpful videos for a quick overview of getting started:

6 Likes

How exciting! I bought a 1.1 pair of babies at auction back in the day who grew up to be incredibly important in my projects. (Mentally reviewing possible availability of funds…)

7 Likes

Just did that with a hognose that is up right now…I hope I get it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

How long to you have to wait and see? Hope you get it!

4 Likes

I’m also waiting to know lol. It looks like there’s only 3 female hogs up for auction right now. One ending in an hour, and the other 2 are 2 days and 4 days. Hopefully we don’t have to wait that long

4 Likes

@eaglereptiles @brittni-admin is there a way to see completed/sold auctions, the same as you would be able to for sold listings? When I look at auctions; and set availability to “any” I’m not seeing any auctions that have been completed/sold, only seeing auctions that are live.

3 Likes

Good question. There is not, in an attempt to stop auction prices from becoming the expected market price.

3 Likes

Hmm…. I get that, but I also feel it’s a bit weird to just entirely hide the listings, no? Or do they just turn into “sold” listings, showing the price that the seller initially had it listed as?

I personally like to see what things are selling for, and feel it could be useful to help determine what the market is like (esp. with the current state and less people buying) to get an idea of what someone is willing to pay for it currently. I do however understand why it wouldn’t be visible, based on what you said though.

4 Likes

I just don’t want anyone to know what one I am going for because I am currently the top bid :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Ohhhh, that narrows it down to two then. I think I know which lol. Best of luck!

4 Likes

Hmm, maybe you do :smiling_face:.

Oh @eaglereptiles…I am thinking it would be nice to be able to search the categories and subcategories for auction listings. Like something that buyers can filter by :wink:. I thank at would be very useful for people.

4 Likes

I know which it is :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:! I am 99.9999% sure but I am not going to spoil the surprise. You better win it!

4 Likes

Oh absolutely it would be super helpful, however one of the biggest fears and voiced concerns is auction prices becoming the norm. Maybe in the future we might open historical listings up, but for now the main concern is getting the core functionality smooth.

4 Likes

I guess I don’t fully understand why auction prices being more of the norm is a bad thing here. Would you mind elaborating? Auctions are going to reflect what someone’s willing to pay, not just what some group has decided an animal is worth. Plus if you don’t want it selling for less, put a reserve price on it and just go by that

4 Likes

I hope you get it, quite the beauty. I’ll be crossing my fingers for no other bids.

4 Likes

As a default, the auctions are for all regions. Is there a way to change the area to say the United States only and have that be a users default?
I would like this ability in all ways of searching vs mine coming up with US and Canada as a default.

4 Likes

We are doing a little juggling with the regions behind the scenes to fix everything…

bug programmer GIF

5 Likes

Because as listing prices come down to compete with the auctions, auction prices then go lower, and listing prices will again drop… and loop.

Maybe this wouldn’t happen, but while we want everyone to find the perfect pet or addition to their projects, we want breeders to thrive while making that possible.

3 Likes

So… just curious here.

I liked an animal that is currently up for auction. In the normal listing, you can’t see the sellers regular listing price, just the current bid.

But if I go to my liked animals page, it shows the regular listing price and doesn’t indicate it’s an auction. See photos below. Assume these should align?

I think this also goes to a point I previously brought up, about showing sale timers on the likes animals page as well, just to help. Maybe we can kill two birds with one stone here!

edit to tag @brittni-admin as well, for visibility

4 Likes

Thanks for further elaborating. I appreciate it. I understand the concerns, truly. Glad you guys are considering all aspects of it.

3 Likes