MRC Badge Ideas

• User of the Year - voted by the community - manual :heavy_check_mark:

• Topic of the month - voted by the community - manual :heavy_check_mark:

• Question of the month - voted by the community - manual

• Gained the informational tag from a staff member on your topic. - manual or automated :heavy_check_mark:

• Read time badges - (set variables) - must be automated or will be incredibly difficult to maintain.

• Genie - mentioned 100/200/500 times in posts - must be automated or will be incredibly difficult to maintain.

• devotee badge for 2 years, 3 years and so on :heavy_check_mark:

• Extra badges for winning oTM contests certain amounts of times.

• Bronze - 5 times
    • Silver - 15 times
    • Gold - 25 times

Let’s here your ideas…

8 Likes

Badges after the devotee badge for 2 years, 3 years and so on.

7 Likes

You know what mine is, and i expect it implimented within the week :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Love It Ro GIF by Rosanna Pansino

5 Likes

Would be nifty if you could have a bad based on sucessful sales milestones on the main site. Could give people an idea of the scale other users are at.

4 Likes

We have one on Store pages like this, but the only difference is a rating must be left by the buyer…

4 Likes

Just got the “Acquainted” badge. Great ideas!

3 Likes

Fair, im sure it would be a hassle to link them to the forum, but would be neat if they could be linked.

Then again. Perhaps its better left as is. It kinda keeps members on an even playing field. Dont get intimidated having a discussion with larger scale breeders, can just talk like people.

5 Likes

Maybe you get a badge when new users create a topic containing the “introductions” tab? Encourage the newbies on here even more to introduce themselves and be more active.

3 Likes

Yep it was a little intimidating at first for me, but then as I got more comfortable posting. Now I just post like I am talking to anyone else :slight_smile:

I agree. Having levels of “status” would discourage some people from asking questions because they are afraid of being proved wrong by someone with more experience. That is how I see it. :man_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

I thought that already was one… seems not.
Lets see if its doable.

the issue i am having with automated ones is that Discourse (the forums software) has changed it security settings to stop auto badges being easy to make… and I’m not yet smart enough to understand what the hell I need to do… not yet

3 Likes

A few new ones that are done and I’m in the middle of assigning

8 Likes

Love all the new badges!

6 Likes

I see a badge missing from that list. Deadlines comming up :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yeah, definitely a cool idea that would probably end up being counterproductive

3 Likes

As did I! Pretty cool!

4 Likes

Looks like I need 9 more merch items!

4 Likes

You are already a leader as am I!

3 Likes

Read that wrong. I thought it meant 10 different items worn. I wear my MM hat A LOT! Gonna wear it tomorrow with my USARK shirt to a reptile expo in Temple, Texas!

4 Likes

Lol it is different on the badge description

3 Likes