My first ever clutch

Just got my first clutch ever this tuesday but was a bit confused since when i candled some of the eggs that rolled i saw only an embryo and no veins? I decided to check a few others from the clutch and out of the 12 fertile looking eggs only 2 or 3 seem to have veins? Do they take awhile to appear or should the veins be there when the egg is layed? Im quite new to all of this still so any help would be appreciated thanks!

17 Likes

Congrats on the first clutch. Unfortunately I’m inexperienced with corns so don’t have an answer for you.

8 Likes

Thanks! And that’s ok

7 Likes

The veins can take like a week to appear.

7 Likes

Ok thanks! I wasnt too sure since its the first time ive had a clutch off eggs so thanks for the help

4 Likes

Congratulations, that’s exciting. Mom looks relieved! @solarserpents is spot on (as usual! :clap:). Don’t fret about not seeing veins in freshly laid eggs.

5 Likes

Ok thanks thats a relief. Ive got them at 80% humidity and 28°C so hopefully they hatch in 2 months

4 Likes

I don’t ever candle eggs anymore! If they are not obvious slugs I try to incubate them. I always give them the benefit of the doubt, even if they look questionable-you may be surprised at how many hatch! Everyone else on here answered your questions, just wanted to chime in and say congratulations! Hope to see baby pics from ya soon!

6 Likes

Congratulations on your first clutch! Looks like your momma presented you with a nice clutch of eggs! I hope every one of them hatches and is healthy!

We all love pictures! :blush:

5 Likes

Sounds just right! @banereptiles is just right, too. Incubate everything that isnt absolutely definitely viable! As the saying goes, “incubate until there’s no debate.” We look forward to pippy pics in a couple months. :snake: (pretend that emoji is a corn-appropriate color :grin:)

6 Likes

Ill definitely post some of the pipping pics when it happens! But for nkw heres a pic of the nice looking eggs in the incubator

8 Likes

Awwwwwww. Corn babies cooking in the oven! :snake::snake::snake::snake::snake::pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

12 lovely eggs and im hoping every one of them hatches!

5 Likes

Me too! I can’t wait to see pictures :wink:.

5 Likes

Me too me too me too! :blush:

4 Likes

@caron @lumpy @caryl just checked up on the eggs and im seeing more veins now. The eggs that already had veins now have more and another 2 eggs seem to have veins now making the total 3 or 4. Surprisingly the smallest egg in the clutch has veins already!

6 Likes

It looks like they need a bit more moisture. They shouldn’t be sinking in like that this early.

5 Likes

Woo hoo! Sounds like the little guys are doing great! Keep the updates coming! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Should i make the substare a bit more wet then? I wasnt too sure how wet to make it and didnt want to make it drenched. Where should i place the eggs when making the substate a bit more mosit?

4 Likes

Just added some more water now. I made sure it wasnt dripping so hopefully they start inflating. Should i spray them daily too to also help with humidity?

4 Likes