My first time 3 twins of ball python

:snake: An Unforgettable First at Mind Morphs :snake:

We just had something incredibly special happen at Mind Zoo!

For the first time in our breeding history, we had three Ball Python hatchlings emerge from a single egg. :snake::snake::snake:

We have seen and heard about Ball Python twins before, but seeing three hatchlings sharing the same

egg was completely unexpected for us.

All three babies emerged from the same egg, and we are absolutely amazed by this unusual event. It is one of those moments that makes breeding reptiles so fascinating β€” no matter how much experience you gain, nature can still surprise you.

This is our first-ever case of Ball Python triplets, and we wanted to share it with the MorphMarket community.

Has anyone here experienced or documented three Ball Python hatchlings from a single egg?
We would love to hear about your experiences and see if there are other documented cases out there.

:round_pushpin: Mind Zoo β€” Portugal
:snake: Ball Python / Python regius
:egg: 3 hatchlings β€” 1 egg
:heart: Our first ever triplets

8 Likes

I had an egg from this season with signs of triplets, unfortunately they did not survive in incubation… when I inspected the egg after I knew it went bad I found 2 embryo rings and a developed fetus inside.

But what you’ve got there is incredible! I hope they all thrive for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not a breeder of ball pythons but I totally blown away by these sweet babies multiplied by 3! Nature certainly surprises us sometimes with no warning! Here’s sending love and best wishes for 3 healthy little thriving babies in the future! They are beauties by the way! :peach::frog::parrot::lizard::dog_face::paw_prints::ant::snake::wink::folded_hands::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Very cool! I hope they thrive. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats!
You’ll have to let us know if you end up with all one sex or not!

4 Likes