My *NEW* naturalistic bio active terrarium!

Hello everyone! So I recently set up this 20 gallon bio active terrrium for a future crested gecko! I have been waiting for the plants etc. to grow in before I adopt. I already have the food mister lights etc. and just wanted to show\ask for your opinions!:wink:

Add images here

9 Likes

It has a HUGE center piece driftwood, a humidity hide (made out of a terra cotta pot) 3 different types of live plants (including a fern, a snake plant, and a pothos plant.) and a large variety of live mosses plus a high end growth light I also have a feeding ledge but it isn’t in the tank right now I also have 6 different Pangea flavor foods. And of course a mister and everything in between I plan on adopting a subadult or adult crested gecko within a month from MorphMarket I will ONLY be adopting from a local breeder near or in Los Angeles I already have a few in mind but if anyone had a suggestion or knows a breeder near me, please let me know. Thankyou!!

3 Likes

Take a look at the pics and let me know what you think or if there is anything I should add or remove from it☺️

1 Like

Thanks in advance for any replies!:heart:

1 Like

Another pic from the side angle (sorry for the water droplets on the glass I just misted it)

3 Likes

You might want something for the pothos to climb onto and you need more up top. Great choice in plants, they will look really good when they have grown.

Cresties tend to spend their time up top, rather than down bottom.

What ceiling does it have?

Growth light won’t be useful for Crestie, only plants. You’d need a UV light for the Crestie, which I believe is good for plants too.

Have you got your clean up crew in there yet?

4 Likes

I would personally add a background for extra climbing spaces. Pothos as said is also brill. Bromeliads, load of plants you can get!

And defo add more branches, thicker ones, bark etc! The thinner ones will be of no use to Cretsies and will most likely snap :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Ok thanks! I will go and find some more materials that are a bit higher up for the gecko I also plan on getting more plants and no I do not have my clean up crew yet because I wanted the plants to grow in first

5 Likes

Ok good tip😅 will do!

4 Likes

This may help :grin:

6 Likes

I try to have my clean up crew in the enclosure at least 1 month before I put a Gecko in. They will help your plants to grow.

Any ideas as to what clean up crew you are going to choose?

I’m uncertain of the roof to the enclosure, but UV will not work if it’s glass.

5 Likes

I will send a pic of thee roof and as for the clean up crew I am not sure yet any recommendations?

4 Likes

Springtails and isopods, lots for you too choose from.

6 Likes

Here is a pic of the light and lid

4 Likes

Is that lid attached on somehow or just balanced? As a Crestie can and will push it open and get out if not secure.

Light wise I highly recommend Arcadia jungle dawns, great for plant growth!

6 Likes

Yes they are! Definitely recommend.

5 Likes

Yes the lid is secure it came and was made for the tank :slight_smile: the for the recommendation!

5 Likes

I just only Arcadia jungle light. They are compact and great.

I use springtails & a selection of woodlice. Although I NEVER see the woodlice once they are in the enclosure, unless I’m fishing for eggs :sweat_smile: I always see the springtails :grin:

Please update us when you have made your changes! Looks like a great size enclosure :+1:

6 Likes

Will do!:heart:

6 Likes

@geckolover1234567 I just want to take a sec to applaud you for making such a great effort to be ready for your crestie. Doing research and preparation and asking for feedback from experienced peers is very admirable! Kudos to you!

Awesome Green Bay Packers GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

12 Likes