Name the Species

A little fun.
Can you name the species?
If no right guesses, I’ll drop a few hints. Winner gets a virtual high-five.
…And go.

6 Likes

Jabberwocky! (I have no idea but I wanted to play too, :upside_down_face:.) Gorgeous!

3 Likes

Blue House lizard. LOL!
I don’t know.

2 Likes

I think that it is a tree monitor but it’s head looks to vividly blue to be a blue tree monitor, so I will just go with a blue tree monitor…

Edit * I think it is a baby blue tree monitor!!!

2 Likes

I like these games, especially when I get to take part :metal::blush:

I’m pretty certain this is a wall lizard?

1 Like

I was pretty close house has walls. Lol!

2 Likes

All good guesses… @eaglereptiles is technically correct and wins this round. “Italian Wall Lizard” > (Podarcis sicula klemmeri) Very rare species in the US. This next one will be a little easier.

Next…
Hint: this species is native to the New World (the Americas.)

4 Likes

Hands down a Chuckwalla

2 Likes

Excellent, great answer. Chuckwalla (Sauromalus ater), native to the southwestern United States.

Let’s see if we can keep this roll going…

4 Likes

Wild guess, gilla monster. The color reminds of one I saw on internet.

2 Likes

I don’t know where this is coming from but a leopard lizard not to be confused with a leopard gecko

2 Likes

Yay! :partying_face:

A month ago I would have had no idea, but lately I have been working on 100s of different species… Which means trawling through 1000s upon 1000s of ads on MorphMarket…

A side fact:
These guys have a strange morphology, certain “morphs” are directly linked to the immune system. I’m not exactly sure of the specific details yet though, that’s all I’ve got for now.

And Wow! @lumpy you smashed that one!

Amazing work @varanexan

2 Likes

I saw it and I was just like oh my God I remember seeing that change in tail color in a a book that I used to look at when I was a kid

2 Likes

@lumpy , @wmb1965 > Hint: This species is native to northwest Australia.

Quite an interesting note, and I raise you one: the blue coloration of P. s. klemmeri is actually a unique form of melanism. And kudos on expanding on your knowledge of species diversity.

2 Likes

Monitor lizard?

1 Like

I don’t know it kind of have the body of agamid

2 Likes

Pilbara Monitor??

1 Like

Red Varanus acanthurus?

1 Like

Correct, Varanus pilbarensis (Pilbara rock monitor) Great work once again.

I may make this a little more challenging tomorrow, but with a twist. More participants the better, so if anyone else is following this thread, keep an eye out.

2 Likes

I just bumped it to” watching”

1 Like