Need a little more help identifying Crested Geckos

Im still new to crested geckos and im still learning to identify. I was hoping for some input on these 2 cresties.

Pics 1-3 is a female and I believe she is a solid cream or a cream harley.

Pics 4-5 is a male and I believe he is a orange pinstripe.

4 Likes

The people that will be a real help IDing them I can tag.

@ghoulishcresties
@foxreptile
@erie-herps

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

They should be able to help when they get on later or tomorrow :heart:

2 Likes

Are they fired up in the pictures!

2 Likes

I would say YES!
lol :joy:

1 Like

Edit… wife says male is fired up and girl down. Im colorblind so its tough for me.

@foxreptile I would say yes but these 2 always look the same. The girl does have less contrast on the top at times though.

3 Likes

I’m not an expert on crested gecko morphs but I would say the first is cream brindle and the second is orange brindle.

2 Likes

I’m looking on my phone ATM so I may not see it quite as clearly.

First Crestie is a brindle. I’m not sure on cream as it isn’t looking bright enough but a fired up pic would confirm it.

They usually fire up well if you put them into a humid plastic box for 10 minutes, I do this when I’m cleaning their enclosures.

Second Crestie, I agree with erie-herps… an orange brindle. I think he might be a reverse pinstripe also but I’ve never seen a reverse pinstripe so I’d need someone else to comment on that. Looks like he has the furry trait too.

4 Likes

On the second one I was debating whether or not it had furry or not so I decided not because I don’t know it well enough to identify it. Now that you mention reverse pin he might also be that but I’m also not positive. Those are both possibilities but let’s see what Ghoulish Cresties thinks.

3 Likes

@foxreptile I will try to fire her up in a few here. As for the boy I agree with reverse pinstripe.

@foxreptile @erie-herps ill look more into furry but I dont dont have enough experience to really tell.

2 Likes

I don’t have any Cresties with the furry trait, I’m almost certain he has it, but would be great if ghoulishcresties could confirm as she has a few with this trait.

1 Like

Totally off subject… I may be Crestie crazy but I’m not tech savvy how do you do the thing where you put name in and it copies them into the conversion?

You put their name but with a @ if front

Example of not how @ lumpy
But @lumpy

1 Like

Omg how did I not know that :astonished:

Thanks.

Back to Cresties, the bump on the female belly, is she carrying eggs?

4 Likes

That is what it appears to be

1 Like

@foxreptile tested her in a misted bin. She looks exactly the same. I do have them in a bioactive setup so she may already be fired up. I have noticed that her back markings do get lighter at time but not drasticly difference.

And yes she has 2 big eggs brewing. The 2 posted here came to me as a breeding pair.

2 Likes

Not long left by the looks of things :egg:

How long have you had her?

As she is probably fired up I wouldn’t say cream, from what I have seen from my Cresties, cream is usually brighter but @ghoulishcresties should clear things up.

Your cresties look lovely, I have an orange brindle :orange_heart:

3 Likes

@foxreptile these 2 i only had for maybe a week and a half. Got them from a real bad owner. There was 4 eggs in the tank she had them in. 3 were dried out completly and 1 im trying to save. From the size of the eggs in her she should be due any day.

2 Likes

After looking around this boy may actually be a Tangerine not a orange. The color is very similar to one @ghoulishcresties has listed.

Now I’m leaning toward…

Boy… Tangerine, Brindle, Furry, Pos Reverse Pinstripe

Girl… Brindle, who knows

My ball pythons are so much easier to identify lol.

1 Like