Need help with id on this animal

Hello, need some help with identifying what genetics are at play here. This animal is insane looking and cant seem to find anything close online to compare to. Pairing was 0.1 Pinstripe Calico Yellowbelly PH Sunset x 1.0 Cinny 66% Het Sunset and 1.0 Pastel Xtreme Gene 100% Het Sunset . But the pastel male was one time and no lock was witnessed and there are cinnamon in the clutch and no pastel. So im ruling out duel sire clutch. Ill post some photos of the animal and the clutch. If anyone can help I’d be greatly appreciated for the help.Processing: IMG_20230618_142125_648.jpg…Processing: IMG_20230618_142125_600.jpg…Processing: IMG_20230618_142125_570.jpg…Processing: 20230618_045015.jpg…Processing: 20230618_045019.jpg…Processing: 20230618_045049.jpg…Processing: 20230618_045001.jpg…

10 Likes

10 Likes

12 Likes

That is a crazy looking animal! You sure pastel isn’t there it looks so bright! Obviously you got pin, yellow belly, and my guess would be a higher looking calico by the crazy washed out sides. I am not sure though, there seems to be something else in there. You should see what other people come up with as well! Interesting! Very crazy python! Congratulations on that one, for sure!

9 Likes

Pics of parents would be helpful as well. I agree that it looks like calico yb pin at least. The flaming on his sides makes me think of something in the fire complex, which would explain the brightness as well, but unsure. Definitely need post shed pics to see the fully developed colors

9 Likes

It looks like a holdback to me! Super nice animal for sure. I think the Gene X might be throwing things off but I would go with pastel pin calico yb gene X. But if it proved sunset I wouldnt be at all surprised, my first impression before reading the post was sunset but Im not an expert by any stretch. Give it a few sheds and see how that color goes.

11 Likes

Holy moly I say there! Most definitely a holdback and maybe forever a holdback! You should call him “Splash” or “Splat”! Like colors splattered/splashed on a canvas! Fantabulous BP! :+1::blush::sunglasses::snake:

5 Likes

Thanks and I’m hoping sunset but then i wondering if its just het sunset and maybe a paradox. Its just crazy odd and ill post the parents. Then you might understand why im so confused. I gotta take photos of the male i thought i had photos ill post soon has i do. Screenshot_20230223-180657_Chrome|230x500

7 Likes

7 Likes

Seriously cant wait till it sheds and hopefully it can tell me more of what possibly is going on and she is not going anywhere. Im having a hard time letting anything go and specially with this mystery.

7 Likes

lol! I think you have an example of what every breeder dreams of! This one is definitely an enigma! lol! I can see why you are so elated! I feel the happiness flowing out! This snake made my day! :+1::heart:. Thank you so very much for sharing!

8 Likes

Glad i could make your day. Not everyday i get told that and it seems to be rare thing these days. So thank u because u honestly made my day and happy fathers day every dad out there.

6 Likes

Yes I know how things are in the world today but joy may still be found. My animals make me happy so it’s great to be with other people (virtual) who share the same interests! I am glad I was able to give you a little joy! God Bless you @criticalmind1 ! :blush:

7 Likes

My goodness what a wild looking snake! Now, I know you have to wait for 1st shed and stuff but I honestly skipped through the text and saw the photos and wow! I immediately saw the bright orange of sunset but it just kind of jumped out at me lol. Now that I’ve calmed down, it’s a beautiful snake whatever it turns out to be!

5 Likes

Your probably right! After she sheds and colors up even more it will probably help, never know it may be a sunset if it colors up some-definitely something else going on there!

5 Likes

My bet is yb calico pin het sunset :slightly_smiling_face: maybe xtreme, but I’m not well versed in that gene so I won’t say anything for certain haha

6 Likes

Here is the sire of the clutch and what a pain to even get these photos of him. The dude just wanna lock and eat :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

5 Likes

He was giving to me by a good friend and he was labled as cinnamon 66%het sunset, but i think he will prove out. I have a few other cinnamons and he is way different from the other.

5 Likes

Uploading: 20220614_095129.jpg…
Uploading: 20220614_095119.jpg…
Here is the other male that was only paired once and no visual lock.

5 Likes