New addition to the Crestie fam!

I said no more this year, but I fell in love with this little guy. I thought nothing would come of it since he’s in Poland so was wishful thinking, but weeks after seeing him I couldn’t get him off my mind.
Now on Saturday I’m collecting him from Birmingham! So much thanks to ‘Gekony Orzęsione Aladyna’ on here for helping me for days to sort this with the courier so I could get him! Cannot wait to meet him! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
So meet Naruto, Phantom Lillywhite with Red Spots. :lizard: His mum was a Confetti Dalmatian and his dad was a High White Lillywhite :slight_smile:

14 Likes

That is one absolutely breathtaking crestie! :heart:

1 Like

I don’t think anyone can resist the temptation :joy:

He is beautiful, absolutely amazing. Will his lily white colors start to pop more as he ages?

1 Like

Thankyou! Cant wait to have him here :star_struck:

With Phantom lillies they don’t get the usual Lilly white coverage you usually see. So what he has now is basically it, may get some more down bottom on the line but that’s it! But he will still be able to produce the usually lilly whites, which should have red spots also and poss more colours since his mum was a confetti Dalmatian :blush:

2 Likes

I prefer Lilly Whites to phantom Lilly Whites but he still looks amazing :grin: and they can produce Lilly Whites still. I just love the colours next to the white :star_struck: he will make some good offspring.

Please send pics when you get him home? :grin:

1 Like

Yeah they’re lush! But since we already have Cherry I felt I needed one different. And I love his red spotting.
Oh I will do! Cannot wait to finally meet him, I’m like a kid right now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I bet you are!

I’m like that with every Crestie purchase :crazy_face: although I’m slowing down on the purchases this year. I plan to not buy any more this year… But we all know how that turns out :star_struck:

2 Likes

He’s fired up semi, so you can’t see his lovely bright red spots so touch wood tomorrow I’ll be able to get some more with him fired down. He fired up really bright when I picked him up, mix between orange/red. Not seen him like that in pics was was awesome to see!
But Naruto is here, after 7 1/2 hours of driving later. 3 days for him bless him, Poland’s a long way the poor boy. I’m tired and just want to sleep now, but so happy. Was worth it! :fire::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

5 Likes

I can definitely see the orange.
I find red hard to capture but I do see the red spots

Congrats on your new boy

2 Likes

Went straight in and burrowed. Don’t think he had a bio with the breeder so he’s been enjoying the substrate! And already eaten :blush:

And now I stop… :neutral_face:

1 Like

I have found that with most Cresties I bought. I assumed it was a nervous thing lol

1 Like

It’s usually to do with the fact they’ve never had it, Cresties from bio vivs we’ve gotten don’t usually do it, just stay in the plants or branches etc. Ones who haven’t been in them seem to like to burrow, experiencing it for the first time basically! It’s quite sweet to see, makes me happy giving it to them too :blush:

1 Like

It always made me worry about them. Note I can take it a sign of happiness :slight_smile:

Explains why my first few didn’t do that, as they went straight into bio-active enclosures as soon as they were born.

I have one Crestie that likes to sleeps in it, so I put it into an enclosure with raised floor and a hide on the substrate :grin: it was very pleased… Only problem is I can’t get to the Crestie when it’s in there as I wedged it in with a log, oops!

This was her before I upgraded her/him

5 Likes

Here’s the little dude, our daughter has just given him a ‘cuddle’ too :blush:

3 Likes

Yeah, they’re happy!
Awh bless :slight_smile: Any of him/her in the hide? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Akira has been sleeping it is also, Haise often likes to aswell. We have a few that if we can’t find them, they’re burrowed! :sweat_smile:
That’s the problem haha, the other half used tubes etc for Spikes viv, and now we never see him unless at night. So when we weigh he’s a pain and you’ve got to be out at like 10:30pm to catch him out :joy:

I haven’t, but I will try to get one, it’s a big hide so I’m amazed he/she likes it.
Most of the others have coconuts and they are very much loved.

I have a coconut in my crestie enclosure and none of them have ever been in it. Is there a certain way that they use it? Maybe orientation of the opening, size, placement, etc.

See i haven’t added any hides, I kept looking at those hanging coconuts though as think they look wicked so may give them a go, my lot usually sleep or sit in the plants/broms or branches. (Or the bottom). I have seed pods in with the babies and some usually love them. Pod bless him still tries to fit in his, need to get some bigger ones! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

They are a firm favourite, so much so I have plenty spare ready for more Cresties :grin:

My Cresties coconuts each have 3 holes in. I have some with only 1 hole but I haven’t used them yet.
Most of them are hung towards the top of the enclosures, some have bridges and I’ve got one sitting on the ground for my lil Crestie

4 Likes