New babies born today

My female Southern Brazilian Amarali had her babies today. Dad was a super sunglow BCI. 11 healthy full term hypo het albinos and 5 slugs. This makes all the babies also BCAXBCI crosses.

Mom is doing great. Was fun getting her out of her cage. :rofl: Washed her up and her cage. I find washing the female boas right after birth, and their cage very good, helps getting them back to being tame quicker. Need to get all the after birth cleaned up so the female can’t smell it anymore.

22 Likes

Nice looking pile of babies.

I wash my girls as well. When i go to pull them i have a tub with warm water that they go into until their enclosure is cleaned.

8 Likes

Tonight, I just held her head and put her in my dog / snake room sink with warm water and washed her with a washer cloth. :rofl: Then, I put her temporarily in a spare cage. Then, I put the babies in a tub with warm wet paper and in the FB rack.

11 Likes

Congratulations Tom! Can’t wait to see those beautiful babies when you get them all cleaned up and ready to go! :pray::+1::blush:

8 Likes

Thats awesome Tom, congratulations sir

8 Likes

Super cool, Tom!

8 Likes

@dsed

Dennis, these will be half of the founding stock of the WDB. :rofl: You may have to make a t-shirt logo for these guys.:rofl:

My son wants me to keep this one so far.

13 Likes

Can’t wait for them to shed in a few weeks.

18 Likes

I am loving the heads on these! Those tails though, wow can’t wait to see them after they shed! Congratulations!

8 Likes

Im all over it Tom! Lol. Your son picked a great one.

10 Likes

Congratulations Tom! What and outstanding litter. Looking forward to seeing them after they shed. I can already see some real gems in there. Pic #6 has an awesome tail

9 Likes

I see one that I really really like a lot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

Picture 7 or 8!!

9 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous babies!! Gotta love baby boas!!

9 Likes

I bet there is more than one you like. :rofl:

11 Likes

Yeah, but one I really like lol :joy:

10 Likes

They have not shed yet, but I did sex them. 6 males and 5 females

So far, I plan on keeping 2 males. The guy second down from the top, looking to the left. The second guys tail is touching the other one and is looking down on the right side.

May keep the bottom female with the two small widow peaks.

Hopefully, Riley, they were not the one you wanted.

14 Likes

I actually love the bottom female, maybe you won’t end up keeping her. Super good quality right there. And the male of the bottom and the second one in from the right wall and is looking that the left wall, is killer in my opinion.

9 Likes

Those look great!

8 Likes

@lumpy @dsed @smite @spottedbull @randall_turner_jr

Well, all of them shed for me last night. I am very happy with they way they look. I have picked 2 males and one female so far to keep. I may pic one more female, but I am not sure yet.

I’m still waiting on Aphrodite to drop her babies. More than likely, I will keep 5 or 6 from her. I only have so much room for keepers. Her babies will be bigger, too.

I am thinking this is the one Riley wants.:wink:

12 Likes