New baby corn snake

Ooh my new baby corn snake is here. I’m absolutely :100: in love. She is 4 months old. One of the most beautiful things i have ever seen. Held her for inspection and into her new home. Thanks to everyone who helped/answered my questions. Tentative name is Strawberry Noodle. Maybe Berry. What do you think?

10 Likes

Aw, so glad to see that you posted her over here on the forum! I think Berry is a really cute name!

6 Likes

Ooh, I love her. Cute name too. Congrats!! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Congrats on the beautiful new scale baby! She’s gorgeous. Love the name! You could make Strawberry Noodle her full name, and call her Berry for short.

4 Likes

Congratulations on a beautiful new corn baby! And thank you for the pictures btw! As far as names go how about:

Strawberry Shortcake: Shortcake for short
Berry Jam: Jams or Jammy for short
Cherry Bomb: Cherry for short
Cinnamon: Cinny for short
Candy Cane: Candy for short
Peppermint Twizzler: Twiz for short
Peppermint Pattie
Hot Tamale: Tamale

I know a lot of those names are “cornie” :face_with_hand_over_mouth: but I had fun anyway​:joy:. Besides nobody here takes me seriously anyway! :joy:.

6 Likes

Congratulations on your new addition, @jgifford2006 !! A day with a new corn snake is a good day! Strawberry Noodle, Berry, anything else you call her, she’s cute!

2 Likes

Thats what my daughter says

4 Likes

I also thought of Peaches
What do you think

5 Likes

Hmmm. You should for sure choose a name which makes you smile. I always enjoy giving names. After she’s settled in, you might get inspired to know what name does fit just right when you have a chance to handle her a bit.

4 Likes

So my baby now has a name. Peaches it is. She is very adventurous. Exploring every evening. My other one did not at first. She is also feisty. She bit me the first day. Was moving something in her enclosure that i felt wasnt safe. Twerp.

7 Likes

Lol baby corns can be defensive. It’s fair, since I’m nature they are liable to be eaten by a lot of different creatures. Glad that you and Peaches are getting among all so far.

4 Likes

Love the name! I’m surprised she struck! I don’t recall her biting me even once, but sometimes they act differently in a new home. I had a baby shipped to me a few months ago who bit me like 7 times in a row while I was unboxing him, but once he settled in he was fine.

4 Likes

She has been fine sence. I think she thought i was going for her. She is an angel. I cant thank you enkugh

5 Likes

Speaking of striking and biting, Miss Daikon has become very defensive of her house. She will strike at me and try to bite me every chance she gets! And yes she has bitten me before.

But her swaying seems to be slowing down. And it seems to take her the longest to eat. Her neck moves the fuzzy down very slowly….

5 Likes

Peaches ate her first meal with me today. Took a few minuts to come out but she did great. Yay!

8 Likes

Always a great feeling!

6 Likes

Yay for snakes who eat!

5 Likes

Second feeding went well. Double pinkies. She would not strike yet but she did come out of her hide. Im so proud of her

5 Likes

That’s great! Don’t worry about not striking. Very few baby corns strike at prey. Come to that, not all adults do. I have plenty who just casually take their time and eat. There are a few who will consistently strike and wrap, but that’s a definite minority in my collection, at least.

6 Likes

I just got to hold Peaches. She calmed down in about 3 minutes. Short session this time. Building up from here. Didnt strike but coiled back several timeswhen i redirected her so she wouldnt get into the lamp area and get hurt. Yay!!! On our journey to trust me.

6 Likes