New baby corn snake

Yay, indeed! I’m glad that you and Peaches had a good handling session.

6 Likes

So health check at vet went well. Fecal tests are back so she got some upgrades today. Not soil yet but more enrichment and climbing opportunities

5 Likes

Looks like fun. Most young corns love to climb and explore. I have a couple of adults who still enjoy climbing, too.

4 Likes

New substrate in place now. Im loving it. She went straight to her hide

4 Likes

Looks like a fun place to live and grow. :+1:

3 Likes

Peaches had a really nice shed in the viv this morning. Shes so bright and pretty again

3 Likes

Sounds like Peaches is growing and thriving just as she should. Good job, @jgifford2006.

You know you can’t just say stuff like that, right? You’ve got to pay a picture of the once-again bright and pretty Peaches!

5 Likes

7 Likes

I recognize those child locks! I got them when I was caring for my step-brother’s cats, who would get up on the kitchen counters and ransack my cabinets. :joy:

Peaches is looking gorgeous!

5 Likes

Awwww. Look that sweet little baby!

We’ve used something similar for a cat and also for a dog. Now I’m wondering, are the child locks for a human child or a fur child?

2 Likes

I think they’re sold as “child locks” on Amazon, but they definitely work for either.

I actually bought them because I was already familiar with them from my work. I work with people with developmental disabilities, and one of the women I work with has pica and likes to eat soap, so we use those same latches to secure the soap in her house. When I needed to secure my cabinets, I figured I’d just get the latches I already knew how to operate. They’re nice because they’re easy to open and close with one hand.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. I would like to introduce someone new. Just got him today. Hubby allowed one more baby.

2 Likes

D’awww! Ultramel? Congrats. :slight_smile:

Tell hubby that a reptile collection is like The Waltons’ dinner table: there’s always room for one more.

2 Likes

New pics of my boy. I cannot think of a name for the life of me.

4 Likes

D’awwww. Looks like an Ulrich to me.

3 Likes

I’m a fan. But of course, I’m prejudiced! :rofl: :joy: one of the meanings is "ruler of all, " which is pretty cool.

2 Likes

Hahaha. It makes me think of the pseudonym Heath Ledger’s character assumes in “A Knight’s Tale.” “Ulrich von Liechtenstein.” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sir Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

2 Likes

Heck, yeah! We all liked that movie, but my kids loved that part. Dan and I joked about naming a son Ulrich Ulrich. One of our sons says he wants to. We were a wee bit concerned that he might actually do it. Didn’t happen yet, but that may be because he only has a daughter. So far. :joy:

2 Likes

He’s blonde. He’s pissed.
He’ll see you in the lists.
LIECHTENSTEIN! :dagger:

2 Likes